Betraying the Traders Spoiler Question...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by screeg, May 15, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

I killed Lareth, I betrayed the traders to Burne, then I told them about it, then I fought them and they escaped. That was around L3, before I'd even gone to Nulb.

Now my party is Level 9, we're exploring the Nodes, yet I have never seen the mysterious assassin who's supposed to come gunning for us.

Is there a way to trigger the encounter? Is he so cunning you never get to see him or what?

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You have to sell an Item with Lareth's name on it (I usually sell the boots), that will trigger the encounter with the assassin. One word of warning BUFFS (particularly on your arcane spell casters, he seems to enjoy tearing new holes in wizards and sorcerers gullets!).

3. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

also if you let one of the traders get away in the fight it will trigger a new mini quest too. its alot of fun lol.

4. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

*both* traders got away, I have a quest listed, but so what? Whether or not I watch my back, no one ever shows up. Can you still get the mini-quest if you let Lareth live (what I plan to do next time)?

5. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

Something is most definitely scripted to happen, and I am sure it has nothing to do with Lareth (I've killed him every time).

6. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

as long as you should one of Lareths items to the traders it will trigger the assassin, doesnt matter if you kill Lareth or not. now the other quest since you fought the traders and they got away will show up when your about 5th level not sure where for you but mine is always in nulb in the house i bought.

7. Marceror

Marceror Established Member

I think that buying the house in Nulb is a requirement for the target of revenge encounter.

The first time I did target of revenge I didn't buy my house until like 9th level... about 4 seconds after I bought it I found some 'friends' waiting for me inside.

I've played this 2 times since and as long as you're at least level 5ish (maybe it's 4) this encounter seems to trigger as soon as you go to your house (once I had to enter, leave and enter again to find my houseguests waiting).

Our Host!