Bardic Music "Inspire Courage": does it work?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by florian1, Nov 22, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. florian1

florian1 Established Member

When I use "Inspire Courage", and check the die rolls for attacks, I don't see anything that indicates a +1 bonus was given for any attacks by party members affected by the Bardic music.

Is the +1 bonus to attacks implemented?

2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Yes, it is definitely implemented. I play bards a lot. Do you have a musical instrument equipped? If not, it may reduce your Perform skill to less than what is needed to get the effect.

3. florian1

Yes, an instrument is equipped. My question is where would I look to see evidence that the +1 attack bonus is in effect? The Bard is only level 2, but has 5 ranks in perform and a +3 bonus from Charisma.

4. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

That should be enough to definitely get the bonus. It will show up in two places:

1) On each character sheet, at the bottom left, click on the number listed after the little blue box that says PRIMARY. All the attack bonuses will be listed there, including the Bard's Inspire Courage bonus.

2) During combat, open the "Rolls History" window at the bottom right. When you attack, you will see something that says "Devis hits goblin" if Devis is attacking a goblin. The word "hits" will be blue and if you click on it a window will come up with all the details of that attack. The bards bonus will also be listed there.

5. florian1

I did check those two places, but found nothing. I will check it again next time I open the game. Thanks

6. florian1

I think what threw me off was that I checked for he bonus during the same round that "inspire courage" was initiated. I think the bonuses don't kick in until one full round has gone by i.e. until the bard's next turn.

Aikuo likes this.
Our Host!