Balor Guardian not acting when engaged in melee

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by florian1, Dec 10, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Just had a disappointing ending with a lone wizard battling the Balor Guardian. After using up his useful spells, the Balor had been little affected except that a summoned Earth Elemental knocked a little over 100 HP off him. Either immune to various energy types, or avoided effects with spell resistance and saving throws. Finally, the wizard cast Tensor's Transformation and went toe to toe with the Balor. Only problem was that the Balor never took any actions. Just stood there and got cut down.

What would cause that?

2. Lum Levits

Lum Levits Member

I forget, but I seem to remember "Protection from Evil" preventing demons from physically touching you....maybe Im confusing games.

3. florian1

florian1 Established Member

If so, then protection from evil is even better than I knew, and it already ranks as one of the best first level spells around.

4. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

Protection from Alignment should only prevent summoned creatures from attacking you and only with natural weapons. A Balor demon should be able to still attack you... especially one brandishing a huge flaming vorpal sword instead of trying to punch you.

He probably just gave up on life, few things can survive a well built Wizard using transformation after all ^^

Our Host!