Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonalumni, Mar 31, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Wow, is it just me or does that look A LOT like TOEE? The graphics look eerily like a blend of the BG style with the TOEE 3-D graphics engine instead of the outdated sprites.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

There's already controversy there ... for one, the project also prominently features a port to the iPad, and the image you see at the site is from that port. One of the devs was recently quoted as saying "the original PC versions won't change much ..."

4. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

I hope the original PC version will change a lot and for a better. The Team has huge plans for BG:EE, some ideas listed below:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/107296-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-announced.html

'Overhaul is looking into ways of improving mod management and is even considering integrating some of the series' most popular mods into the Enhanced Edition, where they would then become Baldur's Gate "canon". Interesting.'

I support this idea and I hope that some awesome mods will be implemented as a part of BG:EE. Can't wait!

5. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

Will it be for Apple computers only, or what?

6. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Am I dreaming?

This can't really be happening.

I wonder if it will offer more than BG TuTu already does?

8. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

Some time ago, I remember that someone had said "the best thing would be to see Baldur's Gate modded into ToEE". Well, to quote Cypress Hill "It's funny how impossible dreams manifest". :thumbsup:
    I only hope it will inmplement version 3.5 rather than 4 rules, or at least that it will be moddable, or even better, that they will include a gameplay option in the beginning of the game, allowing the player to choose the rules.

9. erkper

They aren't changing the ruleset at all, it will stay using the 2nd Ed rules that BG used from the beginning. From what I've seen, it will basically integrate BG1 and BG2 into the BG2 version of IE, possibly with some enhancements to the interface, and possibly even add some fan mods to the game. But in the end, unless that iPad screenie means the game will use a 3-D model system similar to TOEE, I suspect it will basically be very similar to what you can already do with BG Tutu. (Which is great, btw.)

Unless I see some significant changes talked up, I probably won't get this (unless I get an iPad for Father's Day or something... ;))

10. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

I can see the value of carrying a small basket as far as this information is concerned. The thing, is, though that it's hard to do that for such a long-awaited and longed-for game.
    I hope it's moddable so that the modding communities can work their magic with it. I've found that in recent years I've been playing more modded games than vanilla ones.
    About the i pad, I hope the right people are reading this, so that they can get the sublte hint. :D.

11. sirchet

They did say that mac, PC and ipad can all play together at the same time in multi-player.

They even went as far as saying they had already ran a mac, pc and ipad game during development.

12. twisty

twisty Morose Marauder

I would seriously love to play some of those battles with TOEE turn based combat. While it is possible to play a Clayton's turn based style in BG, it is primarily designed to be played with real-time and pausing instead.

13. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

I have a question regarding TuTu.
    As far I remember in original BG 1 magical bows + magical arrows were overpowered. TuTu uses BG 2 engine, so are magical bows + magical arrows nerfed?

14. sirchet

They are nerfed as far as the BG2 engine nerfs them.

I remember a few really good short bows available that didn't even need ammo.

When you install TuTu you get choices as to what and which modifications you want, thanks to WeiDU.

If you're into modded BG1, you absolutely have to play this: THE GREY CLAN EPISODE I: IN CANDLELIGHT.

A friend of mine put this together and I was fortunate enough to be involved with the beta testing, it's certainly a fun adventure.

15. erkper

I wouldn't say nerfed, so much as everything else caught up and surpassed them. In BG1, everyone was basically <lvl10, so the 1d6+6 or so damage an arrow could kick out, x2 or x3 per round, could bring just about everything down pretty quickly. In BG2, with everything geared to much higher levels, but the arrow damage output basically static, they quickly became underpowered if anything. Especially with the spell protections that are much more common with the BG2 spellcaster AI.

In BG2 I always found it more efficient to melee the spellcasters whenever possible... they died much faster that way. (A monk is especially good as a melee caster-hunter.)

Our Host!