Atari bug thread bug #15

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Shiningted, Dec 7, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

...being:

Fixed: Co8 5.5.0
    Evil clerics summoning or controlling undead have them become paralyzed. Dominated undead become paralyzed after 24 hrs. This may occur after resting and/or travelling for that long. **Re-verified by Aeroldoth w/Co8 5.0.1. According to the Atari thread, this bug was never actually known to have been fixed, just couldn't be reproduced.

Is this correct, is this bug fixed? I remember being completely put off Necromancy by my Skeletons getting paralysed.

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I think it was due to low/zero con score or sthg like that.

3. Shiningted

That was the theory in the day, but both the patch 2 protos.tab and the current one have them at -1 for Con.

I guess I'll test it myself.

EDIT: Ok, 47 minutes later and my evil party plus 3 skeletons and a zombie rampaged through the Lab, having a great time. Plus, they made 6 friends :D Much traveling (no worldmap of course), much resting, no paralysis. Unless someone says otherwise, this bug is indeed squashed, which is good news (albeit probably everyone else knew that).

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

It was Int, not Con:

https://co8.org/community/threads/fun-with-corpses.5047/page-2

Strangely, patch2 protos had positive Int... it might be that a protos entry from pre-patch2 slipped back in at some point, and got re-fixed at 5.0.1. I recall sthg similar happened at least once...

At any rate, fixed it is.

5. Shiningted

Yup. That thread was a great old read. I wanted to ban the console as far back as 2007...

Our Host!