Assassin Leader in Verbobonc Missing Dialogue, etc.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by zuluwarrior94, Aug 7, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

I searched to see if this had been addressed before, but couldn't find anything, so...

Sometimes, when I have my lead character, who's a rogue, talk with the Assassin Leader (Darlia) in the inn in Verbobonc, the dialogue ends with a "blank" option that does nothing. I have to Alt+Tab and Ctrl+Alt+Del and End Program. It's about the 3rd or 4th step into the dialogue. No, I didn't write down every step, because well apparently I'm not that bright. I'll try to do that later today.

I'm running Co8 5.0.4.

Also regarding the Verbobonc Assassins... Is there anything to do with these assassins, besides killing them and taking their stuff? And Leric (sp?) as well?

If this has already been discussed, please direct me to the correct thread.

Thanks

2. zuluwarrior94

BTW, it's even happened after deleting the pyc files first.

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

If you could that would be great, also noteing down the sex and intelligence score of the speaker will help to diagnose the problem further.

4. zuluwarrior94

Okay, just got back home and will start up the game and get that info for you.

But for now, it was a Female Halfling Rogue with 18 INT.

5. zuluwarrior94

Party is Chaotic Good.
    Lead character is currently Chaotic Neutral Female Halfling Rogue, Level 11, INT 18.
    When I have her speak to the Assassin Leader this is the dialogue:

(AL) Yes?
    1. I'm Escalla. What's your name?

(AL) I am Darlia. Are you the scullery maid? Room service, perhaps? A concubine? Or maybe you're just lost?
    1. Not really, no.

(AL) Hello again, Escalla.
    1. And what, pray tell, do you do here in the city?

(AL)
    1. ​

I can click on the response #1, but the same thing comes up again. I can't find any way out of the dialogue, so I have to Alt+Tab and then do Ctrl+Alt+Del and end the task.

Then I get the "the program is not responding" window and click "end now."

Then I go back into the game and move on.

6. bananaman

bananaman Member

I too encountered the same problem recently. I was playing Lawful Good, using a female Scorceress as the spoke person, with insane stats, lvl 11, INT 40, WIS 18, CHA 160 (with all the diplomacy skills maxed out). Tried using a male character (Barbarian) in the same game, lvl 11 as well with 40 INT, WIS 18, CHA18 (with all diplomacy skills maxed out), and the same thing occured.

However, I did managed to get the Assasin leader to continue slightly more when I was playing Lawful Evil before, though there were bugs with Ariel selling me any scroll, and the Hextor priest too have his speeches blanked out. :p

It seems to me that those characters in Verbobonc will only proceed with different speeches only if one is playing the correponding alignment. Guess that its somehing for the modder to figure it out. :sadblinky

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Extract the attached file to
    Code:
    Temple of Elemental Evil\data\dlg
    and it'll fix it right up for you. You can even use your old save, but be sure to clear the map cache in the front end before you play.

It may not be a complete fix - Allyx will have to determine that - but it will get you past your sticking point.

Attached Files:

8. zuluwarrior94

Thanks, guys. I'll try that.

I appreciate your work.

9. zuluwarrior94

@bananaman- How do you even get a stat to 40, much less 160 like you said in another thread?

10. kouns2112

kouns2112 Felan

You use a character editor.:roll:

11. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

You can also use console commands to zap your stats however you like them, or the All 18s cheat for one super stat.

I'd recommend against it. Not because it's "cheating" (if that means anything in a solo computer game), but because the game is pretty easy as things are, and super high stats can make it deadly dull. Also, super high INT can cause problems on Level Up.

That said, my tastes aren't everyone's tastes; if you like STR, DEX and CON 30+, more power to you.

12. kouns2112

kouns2112 Felan

I've actually gotten some awesome stats by rolling in this game. Of course, My human dungeon masters never let me roll 500 times!:biggergri

13. zuluwarrior94

I mainly asked to make sure there wasn't something I was missing "in game" like manual of bodily health or manual of physical exercise which permanently boost CON or STR, respectively.

I don't have a character editor and don't know how to use the console.

So, I'm stuck rolling 500 times (well, it usually takes me less than 200). :yeaaa:

14. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

15. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

To open tehe console, keep pressed "shift", then press the key to the left of "1" (at least in my keyboard) or the key left of "enter" and release again shift. There you could put codes:

game.party[#].stat_base_set(stat_X,%) where the # is the character you wish to alter -1 (thus, the first character is 0, the second 1, and so), the X is the attribute (strength, dexterity, etc, just write it), and the % is the amount you wish (18, 26 or 999)-beware to put more than 40 points to intelligence, or you will not be able to finish the character or level up-

there are more codes to give money, teleport or give items, just look on the old threads, somewhere is a complete list posted by Morpheus or Cujo ,i think

...for the codes of items and creatures, open the "description.mes"

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
Our Host!