Anyone know if Liv is still alive?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by screeg, Jul 3, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

Has she posted anything in the last month? I don't really want to go back and start a new game until that juicy juicy version 2.0 is ready....

2. Marceror

Marceror Established Member

I hope she's okay.

My gut is that she got fed up with folks trying to turn 'her' mod into something other than she wanted it to be. She often said that her purpose in modding ToEE was to make the game more enjoyable/challenging for her, and if others like it, fine. A lot of what other folks were doing she viewed as counterproductive to her purpose.

I don't know her or anything to really have an informed opinion; I'm just making a hypothesis. Internet problems? After this long she easily could have thrown her mod on a CD and uploaded it from a friend's house if she was intent on making it available.

I can't fault her though. She did some great work and allowed many of us to enjoy this game again. If there ever is a 2.0 to speak of, cool. But I would advise folks not to hold their breath.

3. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Yeah, her last post really did sound miffed. I was impressed early on with the amount of praise and encouragement she got with her mod initially, but it has seemed to me like more and more of the comments are of the "Hey Liv you should do this..." or "Geez, Liv, where's the new version?" variety. I can see how she might have gotten frustrated.

I don't mean to say she was unappreciated or that anybody was trying to be unkind in any way, but it's easy to lose sight of the fact that she was putting lots of work into it out of kindness and just expect things of her. Taking generous people for granted is one of the hallmarks of human nature.

She may be out there below the radar, still, but if so she's got to be one of the nicest, most patient people I've seen in a long time.

Just my general impression. :shrug:

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I could well see her getting fed up with some of what was said and questioning the amount of efffort she was doing (I have been doing a few dlg fiddles and I am just flabbergasted the amount of work she must have put in to do some of the stuff she has).

But I have also been reading some of her old posts to find out a few things about this and that and I can't believe she would have come this far - i mean beyond 1.5 and planning and starting on the stuff in 2.0 - and then not bothered to finish it, if only for herself and a few wellwishers on here (who would doubtless have passed on any 'she's not coming back' knowledge).

Hence I am confident she will return, and regard her current absence as probably due to what she said it was - net problems and slaving away on her mod - and possibly the intervention of that foul monster we all must fight to vanquish...

REAL LIFE :yikes:

5. Ki Rin Ryu

Ki Rin Ryu Member

Regardless of the outcome i am thankful for all Liv has done. as now TOEE is one of my favorite games!

Thank you Livonya! :evilgrin:

6. halarious

halarious Member

i just hope she's ok.
    i really like what she's done with the game, and i was looking forward to more,
    but,at the end of the day it's only a game,
    so, if you're out there Liv, just let us know your ok, then if you still want to,tell us to F... Off. :notworthy :tears:

7. ACE4490

ACE4490 Member

Liv is most likely taken some time off to do some other things.

8. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

The answer is definetly...

YES.

Liv paid us a visit on the 'General Discussion' forum. Hop on over & see what has really been going on, and maybe say thanks...!

9. ACE4490

ACE4490 Member

Liv is alive

KC

Our Host!