An interesting site and a question

Discussion in 'Models, Animations, and Particle Effects' started by ioannis76, Dec 15, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

Perhaps you already know about this site, but I'll post it anyway.

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/modelingfaq.php

It seems that is contains some info about how to use modelling programs in relation to RPG games (I didn't look at it thoroughly, though)

I also found out that in order to use the files provided in ToEE with 3ds max, you require specific import/export script. Does anyone know if such script exists for .SKA files please?

Thank you in advance for any aswers.

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Check out this thread. The plug-in is for Ogre3D, not 3DMax though.

3. ioannis76

Thank you, Cerulean. I am dowloading it now, I think 3ds max recognises .mesh files, so there should be little problem there.
    I am grateful for this help. I 've been thinking about this problem for quite some time now, and my efforts to find a converter by googling it were useless.
    :thumbsup:

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

You are welcome. All I ask is that you share anything you make with the community. I'm sure everyone here will be very interested. :)

5. ioannis76

Of course I will share anything I make!! Why else would I try to make something? :)
    My current plan is this:
    I would like to take the body/image of a giant, remove the head and put the head of a minotaur in its place, thus creating a new monster.
    I am therefore trying to do 2 things:
    1) use the photographs of a warhammer fantasy minotaur that I have (the photos are no problem, I can take the picture from any angle), and edit the head.
    2) then remove the head of the hill giant and attach the head of the minotaur.

I unpacked everything from ToEE (I reinstalled the game originally to help out with .dlg files for Kotb, but I am having a hard time with this), and saw to my dismay that the format they were in, could not be 'read' by 3ds max.
    Unfortunately 3ds max does not support .mesh files either, as I found out, so I will have to figure that one out as well. I'll try looking for a .mesh to .max importer/exporter.

Our Host!