all spells by class help

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Thirteen, Aug 27, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Thirteen

Thirteen Member

First, I want to thank you guys for letting me in here...it's amazing people still play old games :)

Now then, I have a problem and two questions:

Is there a way to turn off or reverse the cheats.all_spells_by_class cheat? I have a wizard ready to level up from 3 to 4 (I think) and it won't let me because I'm no longer able to choose new spells to learn. If anyone has ideas, I'd appreciate them.

Also, are there certain criteria or gameplay moves to get to Welkwood Bog? I've tried twice getting the option to open it up, but the smithy never gave me a choice. Is it possible to get to it once you're further into the game?

Thanks!

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Have you tried
    Asking the smyth about "something different" and then follow his instructions to speak with the militia captain?

3. Thirteen

Thirteen Member

I tried that multiple times, but I was never given the option for something different. Are there any other ways to open it up?

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Just to be certain, did you download the Co8 8.1.0 NC patch, installed it, then used the TFE-X.exe file to activate the module of the same name in the TFE-X utility and launched the game through TFE-X (or Temple+)?

5. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Can't say that I'm all that knowledgeable about the spell cheat thing but if your character can't learn a new spell upon leveling up then they can't continue as a wizard. Another post in a different thread makes me believe this to be true, as the person in question learned all the spells available for purchase in the starting shop and soon found they couldn't level their wizard since they already knew every spell. You may have to dual class them or start a new one...

Thirteen likes this.
  6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

If you're using Temple+ you can edit the function that checks if you're finished selecting spells

Thirteen likes this.
  7. Thirteen

Thirteen Member

I followed the instructions to the letter on the download and installation forum here, or so I think. In a related question, are you supposed to get the Co8 homebase each time you start a new game? I didn't get it on the second game I started due to the first issue, so maybe I screwed up somewhere. I'll look into it.

8. Thirteen

Thirteen Member

Didn't realize right away there was a Temple+, but I'll check it out

9. sirchet

Thirteen, please tell us exactly how you start the game up.

Also, in the Front End Loader does the "active module" have an NC on the end?

10. Thirteen

Thirteen Member

I start using the Co8 mod by right clicking the icon and running as administrator (think I had problems running it normally). I tried using Temple+ yesterday for the all spells by level issue, but it didn't help much and it caused problems with the extraplanar chest. Currently using modpack 8.1.0 NC, which is active. I downloaded any patches that were here in the installation central place. I have gotten the assassin and the singing bard guy on random maps, so some of it seems to be working. Am I missing anything?

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

If you are using ToEE.exe to run the game in administrator mode or otherwise, you are doing it wrong. Use TFE-X.exe or Temple+ to launch the game.

As for your cheat issue, all I can suggest is reload an earlier save from before your cheat activation, or restart a new game if that isn't possible.

12. Thirteen

Thirteen Member

"C:\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\TFE-X.exe" is what the Circle of Eight Modpack icon says as the executable file in the properties

13. sirchet

If you have Temple+ installed, you should go to the start menu and click on the Temple+ program to start the game.

In the screen where you choose a new game, load game, or quit, you should see in the lower right hand corner what version of Temple+ you are running, if it says "running latest version" you have started the game correctly and you should benefit from the Temple+ changes.

14. Thirteen

Thirteen Member

I decided to not use Temple+ since the extraplanar chest doesn't seem to work.

15. sirchet

I am currently using Temple+ and the chest is working fine.

Was the chest not showing up for you?

Our Host!