A way to make the ingame clock to run faster?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Waterd103, Jul 1, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Waterd103

Waterd103 Member

A way to make the ingame clock to run faster? and other questions

Is there a way i could do the Ingame clock to run faster than it does? maybe using some editing tools?
    I tink right now it almost runs at real time right? maybe a little faster.
    Does the game tell you at the end of the game how much real time did you took?
    Someway i could keep the realtime it took me to play the game without a real chronometer?

Also some other questions:
    What's the difference between raise the dead and reincarnation?
    It doesn't seem to change the race ever, i tested it. But one cost a lot, and the other does not.

Where can i see what creatures belong to what ranger qualification? I don't know what favored enemy should i get against X creature.

What are the rules for fleeing combat?

Npcs always talk about taking "full shares" or something liek that, what's a share?

How does appraise works? because it seems that the change of appraise change for different parties but not for different characters. Is something i'm missing here?
    This also make me question how Survival works.
    And maybe also how search works?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  2. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

Waterd103,

A share means a part of the loot or treasure you find. For example, you find 200 platinum pieces. If you have five party members, a full share is 40 pieces for each member. if you have 8 members: 5 party members + 3 NPCs. A full share becomes 25 pieces for each person in the party.

Some of the NPCs ask for all scrolls that you find as their share. Some NPC ask for a full share and some upfront money for expenses. In one place you get two members for the price of one share. You have to be carefully with the NPCs. They try to get to the loot before you do.

As far as survival, a check is made against your survival skill. If the possible encounter is above your skill you cannot avoid the encounter. If at or below the level then you have spotted the enemy and are given the option to avoid or engage.
    The same basically happens with search except you must actively search the area to detect anything. If your search skill is high enough you detect that which is concealed, otherwise you miss it assuming something is there. Obliviously if you see someone guarding a wall or a see a room with four walls, you suspect a hidden door, but you have to search for it to find it and the mechanism to open it.

3. realmzmaster

Waterd103,

The difference between raise dead and reincarnate is that raise dead brings back the dead person spirit into the original body. A cleric or healer using raise dead has one day per caster level to perform the ritual. But, if the spirit is unwilling raise dead has no effect. If the spirit is willing the ritual is still an ordeal. The person will lose a level and has 1 hit point. If the person is first level then it loses points off of CON. Raise dead cannot return a person who has died of old age, is undead or died via a death spell.

Reincarnate requires a different dead body. The dead person's spirit is brought back in a completely different body. The person's retains class, hp, all levels and skills from the previous life, but in a completely new body. Attributes depend on the new body. The ritual has to be performed within one week and a body has to be prepared to receive the spirit. The spirit must also be free and willing to return.

4. realmzmaster

Waterd103,

As far as the ranger question, at creation time you pick a favored enemy. The ranger will get a +2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival. The ranger will also get a +2 on damage rolls against that creature. The ranger can pick an additional favored enemy at the 5th level and every five levels (5th, 10th, 15th and 20th) afterward.

5. Waterd103

Waterd103 Member

That doesn't seem to be the case in toee, i know how it is in 3.5e

About the survival skill, yes i know how it works, but it checks agains the survival skill of who? you have more than ONE survival skill.

6. Waterd103

Waterd103 Member

Thanks, but doesn't answer my question, my question is what includes each group, what creature are the outsiders? wich creatures counts as giants? etc.

7. realmzmaster

Hello Waterd103,

You have to move far enough away from the enemy. If the space is not large enough you cannot flee. Another problem is (correct me if I am wrong guys and gals) if you have a dead party member and the enemy is near it, the dead member keeps your party in combat. (you cannot flee). If you kill the enemy it is assumed that you picked up your dead comrade to take the body back to get raised or buried.

The only way I see around this situation is to have a raise dead scroll or spell. Raise the dead party member and high tail it out of there if you can. I do not know if this issue was addressed in any of the patches.

Sorry, cannot help you with the speeding up of the ingame timer.

8. realmzmaster

Waterd103,

I see what constitutes each type. Try here http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Ranger

Gives a table of the different type. Click on the types and sends you to a page that lists the different creatures The D & D wiki is a good source of information.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  9. realmzmaster

The survival skill checks against the one with the highest amount in that skill.

10. realmzmaster

You can see the skills in action. Let's say you have a character high in bluff. If that character is talking to someone you may see a response that allows you to bluff the character. Another in you party may be high in diplomacy. If that character talks to the person a diplomacy response may be available, but the bluff response is gone. The same with a character high in Sense Motive or Intimidate. You can have a chance at a different response. Only if the character is high enough in all of them will all the responses be available.

As far as the search skill you know the character with the highest search will have a better chance of finding the concealed item.

11. Waterd103

Waterd103 Member

Thanks, but i knew that about bluff.
    But appraisal doesn't seem to work that way, plz try it in game.

You seems to have an party appraisal, it doesn't seem to matter who talks to the shooper.
    Also if you have someone with very low appraisal, you have one price, kill him and remove from the group and the prices get lower (Better party appraisal) no matter with wich character do you talk.

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You're right, its a party appraisal. Its assumed the guy with the best Appraise skill does his job at bartering time, no matter who is doing the talking. I think thats a pretty positive thing.

Survival is checked for seperately for each character at random encounter time (along with Spot and Listen, I believe) and the person with the best score makes the check for whether they see the monsters coming.

13. realmzmaster

Appraise is one of those skills that does not appear to be properly implemented. It appears that the person with the lowest appraise skill is used or a party average is taken. TOEE was rushed to market under pressure from the publisher. It was bug infested from the beginning. I give Trioka credit that it tried to address some of the major problems in patches. But there first product Arcanum (which I also own) was also riddled with bugs. The alpha and beta playtesting must have been kind of spotty.
    Circle of Eight has tried to address many of the problems, but I doubt they have the time or energy to address all of the design and implementation issues in the game. So players try to find ways to work around them.

14. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

As far as I recall in v.1 ToEE appraise was individual - the one speaking was the one haggling.

Later in the Patch 2 appraise was remade so that the most skilled party member is haggling... And so it is to this very day I am typing this...

Our Host!