A new one for me. (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Dragon_Awakened, Apr 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

The awesome trap was the creation of and addition by the wonderful Livonya.

2. The Rogue Trader

The Rogue Trader Established Member

Well, my Rogue4-Fighter4 found it "Not funny at all" and said not pretty thinghs about who created it. But, if we let us not care of two-longswords-wielding, mithil-clad, shadow-mantled, lockpicking-inept Mrs Bertram, I think this means I'll have to find a real lockmaster or a magic way to bypass it...
    -mumble-mumble-
    Umph, I think I'll have a talk with some Falrinth-named guy about the yellow ball late Allrem wanted so much...

3. Blair

Blair Unwanted Construct

Yes, I've had allllll sorts of trouble with both Belsornig and Hedrack. Sometimes Bel would KOS as we walked in, and sometimes we could walk in and talk to him--but then combat would initiate during the dialog! :shrugno: Then there would be the big H, who sometimes (on teleport in from a Temple priest) would initiate dialog, during which combat would unexplainably trigger; then summon Iuz, somehow momentarily ENDING combat, and start dialog again! :confused: Um, yeah.

So if someone could figure out exactly how these sudden, irrational combats are occurring so we could put a stop to it, I would definitely say that person greatly deserved a COOKIE. Yes, sirree Bob.

(BTW, if anyone makes a comment along the lines of "But it's totally logical that they would attack a neutral good party!" I would like to suggest that person read the original module, read the dialog scripting, then read my post and the earlier posts, then stand against the wall. :wyatt: Blindfold and last cigarette optional. Let's be productive, hmm?)

--Blair
    "No, I don't think so. Moreover, I don't think you think so either."

4. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Yes. A few times when I was testing Liv's mod and had that funny juggernaut bug.

It's just freaky because I've loaded up save games just before going in from the Bugbear room and everyone went KoS (including bugbears) except the high priest, loaded up the same saved game and had everyone KoS including high priest but not the bugbears and any other wierd combination of the above.

Darned if I know what caused it. Buggy room.

5. Ugignadl

Ugignadl Established Member

I remember one time I had a similar buggy room with Zuggy. She would sometimes not initiate combat, and then I could talk to her and the old woman dialog would run through again (sometimes resulting in a second Zuggy). A little bit crazy.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

New quest: how many Zuggy's can you create? Winner gets a cookie pillar.

Well this ain't gonna be sorted out this side of the release of Egyptian Whore, but once we have that going we should all make a mental note to remember what happens when we walk into this room, and see if we can compare notes then.

Stupid water temple.

7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I figured it out. It was Nallorem, indirectly at least. He casts Fog Cloud on a heartbeat timer variable. This spell was being considered a hostile action by those in it's area of effect. Sometimes he would not cast it because he was sharing the same heartbeat timer variable as Kelno was using.

At least I think this was the ultimate cause. I had previously removed all the KOS flags on everything in the Water Temple, but people were still getting the bug. I've altered Nallorem's script so that he doesn't cast the spell. Instead the script spawns a spell object and adds the Fog Cloud effect to it. This appears to have fixed the bug.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Nice work Blue :clap:

Our Host!