A new module to ponder...

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by OgreBattle, Jul 17, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. OgreBattle

OgreBattle God of Rhye

I have started to collect data with the intent of developing Tomb of Horrors as an addon to ToEE. I am very much aware of the tedium that is before me on this project, but I am undaunted. When I found out that ToH was updated to 3.5 edition, and it is a relatively small scenario, I thought... "Why not?"

I will take suggestions from the Co8 community, albeit positive or merely cautionary. I want to make my contribution to this wonderful crew. Please be gentle with me.

If any of the Co8 developers want to either encourage me, or talk me out of it, leave me some mail and I'll forward my contact information.

Thank you all for your wonderful work.

OB

"Now once upon a time an old man told me a fable, 'When the piper's gone and soup is cold on the table, when the black crow flies to find a new destination, that is the sign! Come tonight! Come to the Ogre sight! Come to Ogre Battle fight!'"

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Good luck :)

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

If I were going to write a module it would be based on elements from Iuz the Evil, Lost Caverns, Rary the Traitor, and the Marklands. It would start at 10th level and a lot of people would die. Dream on George.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

That hit the nail on the head ;)
    I'm sure you will have many many questions about how to do various things in ToEE, and the capable modders here should be able to answer most, if not all of them clearly and concisely, all you have to do is ask.

5. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Tomb of Horrors...the name says it all. I'll help with any info I can. I have the green cover version, as well as the "Return to the Tomb" boxed set. This incidentally contains the orange cover version, too.

Acererak Lives!

6. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Get rid of the bouncing ball things in level 4 and put a Lich in there. Like a 18-20 level wizard type. A 20th level fireball can go to 120hp. That would teach those pesky adventurers a lesson or two.

7. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Yeah, those bouncing ball things looked kinda out of place. ;)
    Oh, and good luck!

8. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Better than my original :yikes:

I hope the OP realises what a massive task it will be. Might be better to work up gradually to that kind of thing but I'm never going to try and dampen enthusiasm in others.

9. Lord_Spike

Those bouncing ball thingies are ascomids, a fungal form of monster. Quite appropriate, given that Z is the demon queen of fungi. A lich would be out of place there.

10. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

I never even heard of this module... is it before my time or something? Most of the time stuff is...

11. Lord_Spike

12. Keolander

Keolander Member

Well,

Tomb of Horrors is the ultimate deathtrap. It was intentionally designed to frag any player who wanted to brave it. You might have some trouble with some of the traps in the first hallway simply because of the nature of the CRPG. Good luck. :thumbsup:

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Everything you need to make Tomb of Horrors should be in here somewhere, though the traps will certainly be the hardest part to do. Good luck :thumbsup:

14. Lord_Spike

It'll be easier now, though, since Ted's learned pit traps for us...

:notworthy

15. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Agetian also did some work on other ground traps, that not even I have tried out yet, and IIRC you can use all the chest trap anims for those as well. :)

Our Host!