A funny thing happened...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by FredSRichardson, May 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Established Member

This is an odd thing the happened and then stopped. At some point while tooling around Hommlet, I got a pretty short music loop that replaced the default one. I think this happened in the temple. This wasn't the Goblin Party music (which is great BTW), but was something else. I had a wierd problem where this song loop would kick in in every area, and it was slightly abraisive so I turned off the volume for music. I could still hear the music, so I eventually decided to quit the game and see if I could find the music file in the game directory. The odd thing is that the music loop played for a long time after the game exited (I checked and the process wasn't running). I searched through the game directory and listened to all the MP3's and couldn't find anything that sounded like it. Could this have been a midi loop?

Since restarting the game I haven't heard this loop again. The volume settings which I turned down had take effect, so I turned the volume back up again. I've journeyed all around Hommlet and various other places without triggering it.

Could this be a MIDI loop that was set to play and just kept going? I suppose it's possible that I had my browser on some page that was doing this, but I don't think so.

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Did you happen to have Co8 open and minimized while you were playing? For a while there was this annoying add that would play annoying music here, and it seemed to cut through whatever you had running on your computer and play the music. The add is gone now.

3. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Established Member

I think that must've been it. If not from here, then from another annoying popup provider :)

-Fred

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Your computer should run better with less Windows open, anyway, when you play ToEE - especially, when you hit the Nodes.

Our Host!