A challenge.... (make a new character)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Zebedee, Jul 31, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

This is a challenge open up to those who perhaps do not have the time or inclination to help out in either modding or testing but who do know how to create a good character. I'm asking for help because I know I'm not very good at this kind of thing :)

I need a party of 8 characters creating. They must be able to fit into a neutral good party. They must be rules compliant and ideally be equipped level appropriately. Ideally, I'd like the party composition to consist of at maximum 3 pure spell casters (this is because the game isn't very good at using spell casters properly).

I need the character builds at level 5, level 7 and level 10.

8 of any character builds put forward will at some stage be put into a mod I'm making. If you wish to add personality to these characters with notes on background, ways of speaking, then that will be included as best as I can too.

Create as many characters as you want - 1 is fine, 8 is fine :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  2. Jesse Heinig

Jesse Heinig Established Member

Wait, so, are you looking for a coherent party with its own backstory, or just a bunch of people you can drop into play?

3. Zebedee

Well, I figured it would be too much to ask for a whole party created that way. So if I get people to focus on the individuals then I can then combine them into a party and do the work myself on integrating them coherently.

I know it's a little bit backwards but once characters start to come in then I can try to 'guide' which types of characters I am missing and could do with building. ;) Ideally, I'd like to have a lot of characters to choose 8 from and integrate them sensibly. Any spares can then be used as future NPCs. Waste not, want not.

Does that make sense?

4. Niko

Niko Member

I have some ideas already, but what would be the general alignment of the party? It would be rather useless to post say a Paladin for a party meant to fill the role of bad guys.

5. Zebedee

The party alignment is Neutral Good as it says in the OP :)

So lawful good, neutral good, chaotic good and true neutral characters are all acceptable.

6. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well Zeb ive got a party going through right now that are currently 7th lvl if youd like to pick through them :)

7. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

I have a speadsheet of seven characters that would fit into this scheme. Do you want me to send it to you?

These were characters I had created as a party to play ToEE. They are based on charactes I actually played as a kid back in the 1st edition days (early '80s). The focus for these cahracters was more about hack and slash and less about role playing (other than basic alignment-based behavior -- e.g, should we execute these captured enemies?). So, I don't have any personality information included.

The spreadsheet shows the characters from levels 1 through 10 with ability score increases, feat selections, expected weapons and armor, etc. Not shown are skill selections or spell choices -- I could add those if you need them.

Note that by level 10, I had expected these charcaters to be pretty beefed up with crafted items (they would have even more than I list) since they were supposed to be winning the game.

8. Zebedee

That would be super :)

I'll PM you my e-mail address.

Our Host!