5.0.6 and DH walkthrough

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by havocmom, Sep 22, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. havocmom

havocmom Member

I have looked everywhere, but cannot find the PDF DH walkthrough in this latest version. Help, please. If the walkthrough isn't around anymore, can someone just point me to the starting point of these quests? Just a little clue? They look like fun from the description!

Thanks, all.

2. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Speak to thew wife of the Militia Leader. He's the guy that you speak to to complete the weaver's quest. His wife gives you the DH quest.

**SPOILER**
    Actually more of a hint/suggestion. Be careful doing the DH quests if you have a Paladin in you're party. You'll run into "morality" issues with them. It can be fixed through atonement, if you don't mind paying the cost.

3. havocmom

havocmom Member

Unfortunately, I get no dialogue from her, not even a polite "Yes". Is this a known glitch with the latest version?

4. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

This may sound redundant... but make sure you're speaking to her with one of your own PC's, not an NPC (hireling).

If that's not the problem, I'm not sure what is. I never encountered that problem, but then again I haven't upgraded to the v5.0.6 version.

I'm sure the rest of the Co8 could assist if this is a glitch, bug, etc.

5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Try not to take this the wrong way, havocmom, but did you opt to install the DH mod when you installed Co8 5.0? If you don't have the mod installed, you wouldn't get any conversation, or have the DH walkthrough. (Well, you should probably still get the generic responses from her, it is odd that you don't...)

I hate to advise it, but since it sounds like you're still pretty early on in the game, you might want to consider a re-install to make sure the DH mod is included.

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

If I remember right, her generic response is none at all.

Sounds like DH is not installed or, more likely, not activated when it was installed. You have to choose it when you install.

7. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Ah, I see. It's probably been 3 years since I played w/o DH, so I really don't remember.

Our Host!