3 previously unaddressed questions...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by maalri, Jan 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. maalri

maalri Immortal

May contain ---------------SPOILERS!!------------

OK-

1. Does Spell focus -Conjuration and Greater Spell Focus Conjuration, get your casters tougher summoned creatures? I read at another board that it does, and I was just wondering...

2. When my bard does Inspire COMPETENCE, the icon that shows up is Always Inspire Courage... Is this a glitch, and am I getting the proper bonuses? Yes I am making sure that I am casting the right thing, and checking the right Icon above the affected character, and yes the icon description reads in the text the Inspire Courabe verbage...

3. What does it take to get Allira to admit to her affair? I got Pearl to tell me her suspicions, but just get the cold shoulder from frosty Allira...

Thanks for the help!

2. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

They shouldn't. It should just raise the DCs to save against those spells - and not that many Conjurations involve saving throws, least of all the summoning spells. What you're describing is a seperate feat, Augment Summoning, which requires Spell Focus (Conjuration) as a prerequisite. At least, according to the 3.5 rules.

Perhaps the folks on that board were alluding to one being a prerequisite for the other?

3. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Jeff's right. The Augment Summoning feat, which Spell Focus (Conjuration) is a pre-req for, gives you tougher summoned creatures.

Inspire Courage makes everyone in your party glow red. Inspire Competence should make one member of your party (whoever you're inspiring) glow blue.

They're not having an affair. But she should fess up to what's really going on if you're social skills are high enough. Not sure what exactly you need, but my party face man/woman always has a high charisma and max ranks in Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Sense Motive. I also have about 5 ranks in Gather Info, but it doesn't come up that often.

4. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

As far as I can tell, the Gather Information options aren't marked as such, but they definitely exist. Every time someone says "That'll cost you" and then gives you a juicy (or not so juicy) rumour for a token couple of GP, that was Gather Information working for you. Characters without GI will simply not get those dialogue options.

5. Kalshane

Well, considering I refuse to pay money for their crap rumors ("There are evil forces at work in the Temple." Gee, thanks) that would be why it doesn't come up that often. :)

6. Shadowblade2

Shadowblade2 Established Member

Could there be a mod to create better rumours? And some red herrings (would need more real quests to disguise the bad rumours)...

~

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yep there could be better rumours in the game, and dodgy 'do nothing' quests to disguise the red herrings...

...Let us know when you've finished them!:thumbsup:

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Getting to the bottom of Fruella's dad's issues, and hence marrying her, is a Gather Information thing (for memory).

Gather Information will come into its own in KotB, u better have some ranks in it then!!!

Shadowblade, Rumour Control is in the data/scr folder. if you have unpacked the dat files (as any good modder should ;)) there are several mes files full of rumours. Go for it! :)

Usually there are 2 versions of each, a vague and a specific. Probably Gather Information effects which comes up. I could be wrong on that though.

"Rumour: A hideous vampire lives in the depths of the temple, and its best to attack him first and ask questions later".

9. maalri

maalri Immortal

Yes, the other boards must have been talking about Augment Summoning, or I must have misunderstood them! Thanks guys! :)

The inspire competence DOES only show on ONE character, but it reads Inspire courage....

Gather information for Allira, huh? OK, I'll give at a try.

:)

10. maalri

maalri Immortal

OK, beefed up my Bard with Sense Motive to 11 and Gather Information to 12, but I still can't get anything from Rentsch or Allira-- my Bard is female, would that make a difference?-- Also my Bard is good aligned- I know it has been said that you can get Rentsch to spill with any alignment, but still his dead-end option seems to be "Hey I thought we good guys won that day"-- I am thinking, maybe Bluff is needed with Rentsch?

11. Kalshane

Maybe. Like I said, I max out all Social skills, so the only time I really pay attention to what skill is being used is when I have multiple choices.

12. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Like I said in that other thread, you need a Diplomacy skill >= 10 to get the rest of the dialog options with Rentsch. And to get the Triple Cross quest, you may have to be recruited by Rentsch before you talk to Wat about the temple, but I'm not positive about that.. For Alira you need a Sense Motive >= 6, and either a Bluff or Intimidate >= 6. And have gotten the quest from Pearl.

13. maalri

maalri Immortal

OK, sorry I missed the difinality of your instructions Blue :) I thought it was a thought instead of a definite- but I know you can read the code :)

Well I talked to Wat first, instead of Renstch so Triple Cross may be blown (I did that last 2 games too, and never got Rentsch to recruit me). I do have the quest from Pearl, but I am not sure if I have BOTH Sense Motive and either Intimidate or Bluff in ONE character that oer over 6. I will work on that.

Thanks again, as ever, all! And especially that last post Blue!

14. maalri

maalri Immortal

UPDATE--

Triple cross works even if you talk to Wat before Rentsch- and even if your characters are Good aligned-- Blue was absolutely right- I just needed a Diplomacy of 12 to get Renstch to open up.

I got Allira to open up - but only a bit- with a Sense Motive and Bluff of 7- but I could only COVER for Wat, I did not have the option of revealling anything to Pearl.

Any idea why I couldn't do more than cover?

15. Kalshane

As far as I know, that's the only option you ever get.

Our Host!