3.9.2. NC Beta No Valbonk

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by DaveBax, Dec 6, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. DaveBax

DaveBax Captain Hindsight

5.9.2. NC Beta No Verbobonc

Dear all,
    I am a very old player of ToEE. I stopped playing some years ago after I got through the original(patch1 and patch2) game playing only with a wizard.

I heard circle of 8 had made some great addons and improvements, so i downloaded 5.9.2 and worked mz waz through to the end game (ie below the throne) in the course of a week and just spent 3 hours battling the final encounter (this time with 5 characters plus one npc).

After the final cinematic reel, I was expecting to be lifted off somehow to the new verbobonc, but no, game just ended roughlz how I remembered, with a text reference that one game personality had retreated to Verbonc.

Have I missed something, the only unusual things that happened in the course of my game was a. attacked in the ground level of the temple in the village b. I stupidly anhialated the jewler after caught stealing from chest and c. I didnt get the fourth gem of the orb (the fire gem).

I have a save from before the final battle, should i go get the fire gem before doing the last encounter ... i am asking here because if i just go do it i will be wasting one hour in the fire plane and then another 2 or 3 hours with the final encounter ,,, which is fine if i get to Verbobonc otherwise not .

HELP

Cheers,

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. DaveBax

Re: 5.9.2. NC Beta No Valbonk

Just noticed there is now a 5.9.3 .... so installing that. Also read that talking to blacksmith helps a lot .... so maybe I wikll be ok on mz own. Cheers.

3. Templar

Templar Established Member

4. DaveBax

Re: 5.9.2. NC Beta No Valbonk

Many thanks for the link my Lord.

Our Host!