2 Scathers = Bug #10x2...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kurt, Nov 3, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kurt

Kurt Member

I've noticed that when my character wields 2 Fragarach-type weapons (Scather and an own construction), the infamous "Answering Swords" bug doubles in intensity: When you get hit and use the free AoO to hit back, the game doesn't end the enemy's round, not even if he's dead! No matter what critter is hit, the game will wait. It is not crashed, you just waiting for that (often dead) enemy to finish his round...
    Sometimes the game waits about 10 seconds or more, after which the enemy has a free attack (he seems to start his turn all over again), but most of the time the game just starts waiting, especially if that AoO killed the attacking enemy.

I've checked it only happens when dual-wielding both Fragarach-type swords; If you use only one of them there is no problem (so it apparently isn't my custom sword, I used it during most of the game without a problem).
    Just stating all this for it might help you understand the "Answering Swords" bug better.

To replicate: Dual wield 2 Fragarach-type swords, having all the needed warrior feats. Get hit, and watch your fighter retaliate (free AoO).

(Playing a new, clean install of ToEE with Atari patches 1 & 2 + the Co8 patch 5.0.0.)

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

That bug is really irritating. Did the opponent you were hitting have any kind of damage shield
    btw? More knowledgeable people will answer in a bit I'd imagine, especially with regards to crafting as I don't really use it all that much, and never have tried to make a Scather replica..

You might want to consider upgrading to 5.04 from the CMF thread too. Not that it will necessarily help with this bug, but it does contain other fixes ;)

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3561

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  3. Kurt

Kurt Member

No, that's the weird thing. Just any critter will do when you use two swords.

It's just a huge spreadsheet... :biggergri

Thanks, but I'm in the last parts of the game, and don't feel like starting a new one.

Our Host!