2 Person Party

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by deten, Mar 19, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. deten

deten Member

Hi guys,

I am going to play the game with a 2 person party, but not the same class.

My thoughts are a cleric and wizard.

Any build suggestions for a party such as this?

2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

The one time I played a 2-man party, I designed it so that one character is the hitter, and the other one is the buffer/debuffer. Mine was Cleric 10/Fighter 10 + Bard 20. The bard would buff with songs and debuff/disable enemies with spells, while the clr/fgt would run around killing everything. I also used various Charm spells judiciously.

I think tank + evocation cannon combo could work as well. It's all in the playstyle, really. Most of TOEE is not unreasonable except for one pesky little NC quest.

3. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

In my current game I'm playing a couple named Bernard & Erika. She's a NG Fighter/Cleric of Pelor, he's a CN Thief/Mage and follower of Olidammara. He does the talking, she hits hard when words are of no use and scares away undead, which he hates to the bone (Spiked Chains & Bows don't do much against them). She likes his way of handling things, his passion when pursuing his goals and she somehow thinks his ruthlessness is kinda sexy - he does the things she can't do. He admires her because of her goodnatured spirit and because she's a person he can trust completely. He's also thankful to have her because, being as careless as he is, he tends to die... alot. ^^ And they both love tuxidos and red capes. :)

EDIT: And he loves it when she casts Righteous Might, cause he can like totally see her panties, being a small man. But he never tells her that. ;-)

4. deten

deten Member

Thank you for the suggestion. I hadn't thought of making a bard, or splitting fighter/cleric.

I assume you went cleric to 10 then fighter to 10?

5. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

That's what he said. My fighter/cleric is 8/12 for the additional spells.

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Well, mine was clr10/fgt10, but I didn't level in that order. I don't remember how exactly I did it though. I usually like to get 1 clr, then 4 fgt, then the rest clr then fgt again. Sorta situational though, depending on what I need more atm. Frankly, you level so fast with just 2 people...

Our Host!