2 kwik kwestions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Shiningted, Jul 21, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

1) If u can only add 3 things to a weapon, does that mean my recently crafted +2 Unholy Keen sword won't work at full potential?

2) Why isn't 'spiked chain' in my rule book and what is it? Exotic? Marshall?

2. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Looking at the cobmbat stats for my characters, you can have +3 and up to 2 extra damage types (Axiomatic Holy, Frost Flaming, Shock Frost) and have it work correctly every time, so long as the +3 is added first. You can pile on additional damage types after that (Holy Axiomatic Fire Shock Frost) but then only some of the extra damage seems to activate on any given blow. Keen should activate with everything, since it doubles threat range instead of directly adding damage, but I haven't tested that.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2005
  3. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Spiked chain is exotic.

Why would you only get two things, even just two damage things? Is this due to a mod of some kind? I play patch 2 and temple.zip, and I can add tons of stuff, making the effective enhancement level way over 10 for some weapons. The only time stuff doesn't work is because of this little thingie:
    After rolling the base damage and adding all the fixed additions for things like strength and weapon specialization, favored enemy, etc., you can only get 4 rolls for unfixed additional damage. This counts sneak attack, holy, flame, flaming burst, etc. Thus, if I have a holy weapon with all three bursts, I'll get 4 rolls, but if I sneak attack with it, I'll get three of the rolls from the weapon and the roll for the sneak.
    But of course that's way more than you seem to be getting. What gives?

4. Old Book

Argh. Like so much else with my install, I do not know.

Here's another one:
    7th level LG Cleric with Law and Good domains. The first time he tries to add Holy and Axiomatic to a +3 sword, they are not available from the Enchantment menu. So, exit from the menu. Open the radial menu, and go back to Craft Weapon. Now Holy and Axiomatic are available in the Enchantment menu.

The above is repeatable.

5. Lord Plothos

That's really weird. For some reason, I've never been able to add holy until I was level 10. How can you even get it at level 7, since you need holy smite, which you can't get before level 9?
    Or are you saying they're on the list but grayed out, whereas before they weren't even on the list?

6. Old Book

Holy Smite is a Level 4 spell for clerics with the Good domain. You get it at Level 7. Same for Order's Wrath for Clerics with the Law domain.

That said, he can craft Axiomatic Holy weapons just fine, so long as I enter the crafting menu, leave, and then enter again.

7. Lord Plothos

Oopsie, stupid mistake. I was thinking it was level 5, for some reason. Me = dumbo. :icon_chuc

8. Old Book

At least you're getting more than three unfixed damage adders to work at once on your items. :)

It may be time for me to do another re-install.

9. Lord Plothos

"Fortune favors the foolish" my friend.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The '3 things' was a rule or something I heard somewhere, not sure how accurate it is but certainly heard it somewhere.

Anyways made my sword (this was in protos.tab, not crafting btw) and it all worked fine, d8 damage, +2 for magicality, + ummm a diceful for unholiness, and criticalated on a 17.

Our Host!