11 days until 5.7

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Necroticpus, Dec 17, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

So, 2 days after christmas. I like it. Maybe this version will have a special new year's eve drinking contest at the Inn with Tuperrello. Maybe play 50/50, one glass is vodka, the other glass is water. Or golders (quarters). Or strip poker, except, you know, not with the fellas. There's plenty of Hommlet women hanging around the bar though. Maybe it would be wise to have Melany and Fruella by that time. Melany over Fruella though, if you have to pick. Or Pishella! BAM!

2. Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus the Avatar

I'm also waiting this eagerly. :)

How about submarine? You take a pint of beer and the drop small shot glass of whiskey in the bottom of the pint. And when you start drinking the "beer", the whiskey mixes to it so that at first there is only small amount of whiskey in the beer and in the end, you drink pure whiskey.

:peace:

PS. If you really have to go with vodka, then buy Finlandia Vodka. ;)

3. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Use Root Beer Schnapps instead of whiskey and down the whole thing. It's called a Root Beer Float

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Or use REAL root beer and a scoop of vanilla ice cream and eat it with a spoon and finish it off with a straw. This is called a...uh... :confused:

5. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Mine's less fattening and more fun (in safe circumstances)! ;)

6. Necroticpus

Back in my drinking days, they were known as root beer barrels.

7. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Mine is always shared with small, howling, monkey-like creatures :joy:, whether I want to or not. And I NEED the extra calories to keep catching them and tickling them. ;)

8. Anakha92

Anakha92 meh...

All I can think of to reply to that is.. o_O

9. Thorsson

Thorsson Established Member

Root Beer is disgusting. Stick to the kind made with Hops.

10. rayd36

rayd36 Member

If I can ask, will we get an idea of what will be available for 5.7? In addition I see there are a bunch of other mods that are out there. Do you know if those will be able to be used? In addition, is there a list of mods or add ons that are available. I'm still kind of new and trying to feel my way around here.

Thanks for all of your help.

11. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

There are other mods floating around, like my war of the golden skull, but they will usually not work with the newer Co* mods (like 5.7). You normally have to download them and play them with the Co8 version they were built on.

12. rayd36

rayd36 Member

Can you have more then one mod (5.5 & 5.7)? Or is it just the most "up to date"

13. Necroticpus

You can have all the different versions of 5.0, 5.5, 5.6, 5.6.1, war of the golden skull, keep on the borderlands and 3.142536, as long as you have the front end installed. You can't run them all at the same time but have to activate each one separately and play each one separately. Except for 5.5. War of the golden skull was meant to be an add-on for 5.5 and in my humble opinion, is the bestest version of the temple of elemental evil. The keep on the borderlands is a horse of another color, and a separate d&d module from a million years ago.

The Co8 modpacks change and add a lot of new content as well as fix some of the more irritating bugs that Troika left in the game just to spite everyone.

So, in summation. No. You do not have to only have the latest one. You can have them all for christmas.

*edit*
    Funny. Why did I put CoB, lol? I don't know. Nice dyslexic moment.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  14. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

5.5 is the mod with the most content ( even excluding War of the Golden Skull). This is because during 5.5, it was decided that players were becoming too powerful too quickly due to all the new content. It was decided that most of the added content should be moved to the end of the original/vanilla ToEE after you kill Zuggy. That is why 5.6 and the soon to be released 5.7 do not have a lot of added content, Co8 is attempting to return the game back to normal, fix bugs, and prepare it for 6.0.

I may be wrong, but I believe the goal is for 6.0 to have all of the added content at the end of vanilla ToEE. I believe all of this content will be modified to be harder, since everyone will be higher level. I also know that there will be expansions to the content, such as a much larger Verb.

15. Necroticpus

This is called a boilermaker here in the states. It's kind of cool to hear what other country's names are for things. I think in Australia it's called a Chennwaazzar.

But to be brutally honest, back in my wild days, I never called it anything except breakfast.

Our Host!