100 pt. ability stat glitch

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ifarmturnips, Jan 19, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. ifarmturnips

ifarmturnips Member

I found this glitch and am not sure if its known or not so here it is;

When rolling stats while making a new character you hit the "roll" button 100 times then click "advanced" for a points buy and click repeatedly just above the "PO" where it says points available and it will cycle through a few numbers one of which will be 100. When its on 100 hold down the button and drag it over to a stat box then finish assigning points as normal.

I made a party of 5 characters with 100 ability in their main stat and it works. The fighter with 100 str gets +45 to-hit and dmg, sorc with 100 cha gets 13 1st lvl spell uses with insane DCs, and cha based skills all get +45. The only stat you cant do is int because you cant spend all the skill points during creation.

I leveled the party to 6th level and it got pretty rediculous. Once my fighter got great cleave and combat reflexes he basically just ran into a group of baddies and annihilated anyone in reach as soon as he got an attack. At lvl 6 my sorc had 13 fireballs and the DC on my bard was so high tasha's and soundburst hit everytime.

The number doesn't have to be 100 its how ever many rolls you made. I just felt like 100 was a nice round number and havent tested anything higher.

This is cheating and every sense of the word and as such it gets boring real fast, but its good for larf for a few hours if you ever wanted to roleplay as a demi god or something.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9973/glitch1.jpg

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Usually if you go higher than 40 on any one stat you tend to get problems.

This cheat is already noted in a previous thread in reference to straight 18's and such.

Welcome to the forum ifarmturnips.

3. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

That has been in since the original release, it's a known... bug? I'm actually not sure if it was intentional or not. But yes, it's rather well known.

Thanks for submitting it anyway. :)

4. Legless

Legless Established Member

I misread the 18pt stat thing and thought it was 10000 rolls. I settled down with my ebook and went to work reading and fast clicking till I reached 10000 and found out that nothing happened. I reread the thread and discovered my error. Doing that for 10 x as long did not appeal to me, I'd rather stick needles in my eyes. So I reverted to an honest life. I was building a LG party at the time, so it wouldn't have really done to get loophole to work for me.

5. sirchet

The straight 18's I'm speaking of is when you roll up your character and then go to the advanced screen and click about five squares to the right of the number and drag that number over to the square and then raise it to 18 via the increase stat arrow, then drag it back so your old number appears, then go back one screen and rinse and repeat for all 18's.

6. ithildur

ithildur Established Member

Rather pointless

7. sirchet

I agree, strengths and weakness of the group add so very much to the game and any party.

Our Host!