access control/automation

sirchet

Force for Goodness, from Orlando, FL. USA

Moderator Supporter
sirchet was last seen:
Apr 24, 2020
    1. andysks
      andysks
      Hey there Sirchet. Sorry to bother again, you know I only bother when I cant find any help in the forums :D.I need help with two things if possible.
      One is the waypoints.When I create an NPC and give him waypoints he doesnt move.No matter what I try.I tried on heartbeat, on spawn everything :/.
      And the second is, do you happen to know a way that you can block a way for the PC, but without door,just with a speak trigger that somebody will say "you cant pass" until the appropriate journal entry is reached.I tried with the gc_journal_entry but I have to put on the variables that it will fire all the time.Point is that you dont want it to fire anymore once the entry is reached :)....you get my point ? thanks so much in advance mate !
    2. andysks
      andysks
      Aha...I thought the barks strings were silent.Just a text floating above the head.Most interesting, the link you sent me is 6 months old, which is still too new for an old game :).People are still hot on building huh ?
    3. sirchet
      sirchet
      Those kind of dialogs are called "bark strings", you set them up a little different.

You set up a series of one liners and the person you click on actually works their way through the list saying each line.

I NHiN you'd even hear a guy in the street refer to a certain miniature space hamster. heh heh

Here's a link to a good sourse on bark strings from a trigger. Link
    4. andysks
      andysks
      Yes, I had high expectations for Neverwinter online ,but to hell if this is even RPG. As for the sound problem, no problem at all it was something with the directx.By the way, do you know if a conversation that starts with a speak trigger can get interupted, if for example a waypoint runs through the speak trigger or something ?I mean, does the trigger have to be a free place on the ground ?
      Also on the sounds, I remember on MotB and on PoR that you made, when you click on some NPC they say something like "is a long day,I could use a drink", but seem to only say "hi" or "yes? " :D.
    5. sirchet
      sirchet
      Yeah, just when I think I'll never touch the tool-set again ... BAM! I'm back in.

I don't think we will ever see another real RPG using DnD rules because the folks that own the rights are focused on button masher types of games.
    6. andysks
      andysks
      Hey there sirchet.I figured that the scripting is not such a big deal because it seems that the given scripts are more than enough to make a very acceptable campaign.But once you get the grip on something something else comes and creates a headache.
      Once i started placing NPCs,and the sound set drop down menu wont go down !!!Voices exist,i checked the folders and also when i run the module the first voice is heard ( aasimar ).So i guess is only a toolset problem.Tried reverting to default settings,tried some official hackpack with sound set solution...nothing.Drop down menu doesnt respond.
      Sometimes i just think i will give up and just wait for Chaos Chronicles to come out .But every time i give up ,after a week i try again :D...is a sickness i tell you ! :D
      Btw, do you think atari or any other company has any plans for an official D&D game planned after the abomination of Daggerdale ?Or we just gonna play chaos chronicles and project eternity ?Not that i mind...but still :).
      Cheers !
    7. andysks
      andysks
      Well yes, i guess the scripts require the most : placing-running the module to see if everything worked the way you wanted it.On your module team,where you mainly scripter or builder ?
    8. andysks
      andysks
      Yes it is really interesting.The toolset is full of small tricks like that.And noone can teach you that i think.Only by building you learn such things.I cannot say i mastered it,but at least my areas look pretty cool now.What scares me mostly is the scripting .I never did anything alike in the past,and when I play the game I really wonder how it is possible.
      Not the simple stuff,like if you have an item,then the NPC will complete the quest,this is easy.
      But for example,i really dont know how to make it ,that when the PC sleeps at a certain point,that he will have a special dream.Or the genial system with the rest camps you did on POR !!!
    9. andysks
      andysks
      No just the standard textures.Before I create an area i always search in the vault first,but if the comments say that there are problems i dont even try it.So i found that the snow is not such a big deal,i just have to play with the terrain a bit more.I raised it on the side of the road,then smoothed and noised it a bit and it looks like a mound of shoveled snow.
    10. andysks
      andysks
      Wrong alarm :D...that was simple stupidity,water was not selected ...hehe.
      In any case ,i am creating a snow area,and what i did is place all trees and bushes that i will need during the creation on a corner.Then i just copy paste them where i want.It is a bit annoying but not really so much extra work.
    11. andysks
      andysks
      So here are the news :).
      Yesterday i tried to build after sometime because all this talk we have brought back the desire :D.
      Unfortunately no matter what i check on the options or not check,the problem is the same.Trees will disappear from the cursor ,but only if they were not used before the save.Every tree that is used before the save can be used afterwards without a problem.
      And now something new,that might bring light to the problem,or darken it even more.
      If i save,and then want to add water,the water as well is not visible.If i run the module though,everything is were is supposed to be.Just in the toolset.....invisible :D.
    12. andysks
      andysks
      I only partly understood your reply :).Version of .net ?What do you mean ?
      And by drop down menu you mean the show or hide menu?If yes I have checked this and and I have it always to show all...which i actually think selects the stuff not the other way around.But serius,I also thought so many times that the solution would be something very simple.Sometime games and programs change settings for no reason or a missclick now and then...like a companion not following while you always have him on follow ,and you just have to select follow me again.Bugs and stuff.
    13. andysks
      andysks
      Hey there Sirchet .The trees are still having the problem.But i wont bother anymore.When i make an exterior ,i will just all the trees i would like outside the playable area,and then copy paste them where i want after i save.Because i mentioned that they only disappear from the cursor when the module progress is saved ,right ?
      Man everytime i try to explain this problem the stranger it sounds ....ahahahhah
    14. andysks
      andysks
      I am using special stuff,like buildings and walls but so far as i remember there are no trees in the package.And that is the weird thing,the normal trees from the toolset appear to have the problem.I really dont know why.
      The only thing i can think of ,is that every problem i started having with the toolset began right after the instalation of this package.Now,as an amateur there is a possibility i did it wrong.You know,wrong stuff go in the wrong folder :P.So I was thinking a reinstall maybe could solve it.But if I want to just not use the package anymore to see if the problem will be solved,do i just delete the files from the folders and unload the .hak from he toolset ?Thanks a lot for your help :),you know ,when my adventure is finished you get to be the first to play it :D.
    15. andysks
      andysks
      Hey there Sirchet.Long time no talk.How are things going :) ?
  • About

Birthday:
    July 15
    Home Page:
    http://sirchetsblog.blogspot.com/
    access control/automation
    fishing,rpg's,reading RA Salvatore

Interact

Signature

Help is good when asked for,
    better when needed.

It's dangerous to go it alone, here ... take this.
Our Host!