access control/automation

sirchet

Force for Goodness, from Orlando, FL. USA

Moderator Supporter
sirchet was last seen:
Apr 24, 2020
    1. sirchet
      sirchet
      People are still hard at work/play making adventures for this engine.
      We usually worked as a team due to the scale of the adventures we took on.
      When building an adventure there are pro's and cons of teamwork verses one man showism.
      A talented team can prove hard to manage and keep focused, they tend to get involved in their own projects.
      A one man ream can do exactly what he wants and then merely get assistance when testing is needed.
      Personally, my modding has slowed down and I've just working on my new rendition of NHiN which I've been working on FOREVA!
      Either way is good, just remember it is supposed to be fun. If it stops being fun ... stop doing it for a while.

Cheers.
    2. andysks
      andysks
      This sound really awesome.In one of the loading screens it says Atari welcomes you to the ultimate D&D adventure,and i think its true.Are people still making modules for this game ?And is it worth my time to try to make something ?Or without a team i am doomed to mediocre results ?
    3. sirchet
      sirchet
      Both are very good, but Trinity is an original story and PORR is the Pool of Radiance module brought over from the PnP book.
      Both adventures have a few things we did that I haven't seen anyone else do yet, like a fly by view in a cut-scene or a hand drawn illustration for chapter beginnings, but both are well worth the play through.
      Now that you have me thinking on this ... I can't decide which one I like better, no ... Trinity wins for the use of a DM interjecting questions from time to time, you know, the old "The young girls try to get your attention will you (1) stop and talk to them, or (2) act like you didn't see them".
    4. andysks
      andysks
      Hi there .I just wanna tell you that i finished the OC of NWN2 and im about to begin Trinity as you recommended .I wonder though why you recommended that and not Pools of radiance( if i am not mistaken you were a part in this one too right ? ),which is second in number of downloads at the vault ?
    5. sirchet
      sirchet
      Some artists like pj156 specifically design their modules to connect one to the other his SHEEP AND STONE is the first module, THE CARAVAN CLUB is the second module, THE LAST DAYS OF RAVEN is the third module and THESE DARK DAYS OF WAITING is the fourth and last one for now, even though he will make two more to finish out the story.
      Even with playing all four of these modules you still wont be higher than level 11 or 12 depending on your play style.

Click on the yellow text for a link to the adventures.
    6. andysks
      andysks
      Ah ok so if you want to reach 30 with modules made by fans you need to search the ones that you will like and progress by loading your character to the next one if it is possible,alignment wise speaking.And as for the modder time i realised it because i tried to make somethin on my own,it took me nearly 2 hours to creat a tiny area with barelly anything inside :D
    7. sirchet
      sirchet
      Most if not all adventures that start you at level 1 don't take you past level 7 or so. It takes a lot of content to take you from 1 to 30.

I believe Trinity is estimated at 9-12 hours of game time and it doesn't come close to making that kind of level progression.

Just for your own thoughts; a minute of game time for the player means about 2 hours of building for the modder. ;)
    8. andysks
      andysks
      Hi again.I wanted to tell you that im nearly done with the OC of NWN2 and will begin Trinity soon.Will let you know ,although im pretty sure its awesome since it reached hall of fame.By the way,do you perhaps know of any module that can start from level 1 and take you all the way to 30 ?Thanks for your time ;).
    9. andysks
      andysks
      Thanx.I will check them out for sure ;).
    10. sirchet
      sirchet
    11. andysks
      andysks
      Hey there .I played NWN2 and i have to say the mod for the turn based combat is not even needed.I was amazed how the AI behaves.The rogue flanks on his own sometimes and spell casters cast remove disease on their own and stuff like that.Also battles are manageable and if i fight something bigger just the spacebar solves the problem.As for Trinity,i am playing the OC now but when i finish i will download a lot made modules.If you could tell me which ones you made so i try them out :).Thanks.
    12. andysks
      andysks
      Hey sirchet.I want to ask you something completely different.On a post you mentioned a mid for NWN2 that turns the combat to turn based.I believe the author is Bratjed.Do you know anything about it ?If it is functional or good or whatever :) ?Thanks.
    13. emo_ome
      emo_ome
      March 13,2012 (12:38 pm)

Hey buddy, would you kindly look into this pic and tell me if I've missed some of the barrels? The key map for the barrel is letter "O"

[IMG]

Also if you've played the WotGS, tell me if I've missed something.

[IMG]

*Map keys are not included.
    14. sirchet
      sirchet
      It's certainly not a problem.

I'm glad I could be of assistance.

btw, I PM'd Gaear about your problem as soon as I got your message. ;)
    15. sickNsane
      sickNsane
      I appreciate your time sirchet thank you, yea im just new to the rules and ways of forums im workin on it :) thanks again.
  • About

Birthday:
    July 15
    Home Page:
    http://sirchetsblog.blogspot.com/
    access control/automation
    fishing,rpg's,reading RA Salvatore

Interact

Signature

Help is good when asked for,
    better when needed.

It's dangerous to go it alone, here ... take this.
Our Host!