Can't Install any of the 3 patches...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by hotchocolateboy, Apr 20, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. hotchocolateboy

hotchocolateboy Member

The patches can't seem to find the game on my computer even when they're in the same directory. I actually bought the game from Direct2drive on the internet; could this be the problem? Did I screw myself? Argggg.
    By the way, the Circle of Eight Mod seemed to have no problem installing itself.
    Thank you for any help,
    Brian

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

IIRC the download version of the game comes patched already with atari patch 3. If you can patch co8 and the moebius.dll then don't worry (although patch 2 is more extensively tested). If you can't patch Co8 and Moebius, sorry but you are indeed SoL... but the game on CD should cost very, very little.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  3. Sindegra

Sindegra Member

Hmm

Ask one of the script peeps here to find a way to downgrade to ver 2. They just might help you :D

4. javamahnn

javamahnn Member

I too bought online because i couldn't get game on cd to install

I bought the game on CD AND online, what a chump i am but was really excited about all the fanfare and good RPGs are hard to come by.

ANyhows, so if anyone knows how to downgrade, that would be cool. I'll try the two non official mods and see if the game works. Not being able to loot is a pain though.

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

When you installed the Direct2Drive version (before installing any of the Co8 mods and moebius' fixes), did you have a file called temple.dll in your ToEE directory? If that's the case, then your game is already patched, and you don't need to worry about the official patches.

Our Host!