bugged magic missile??

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by MurD, Aug 25, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. MurD

MurD Member

Hello guys, I recently downloaded the 5.8.1 NC Co8 Mod pack.

I made a new Wizard and included magic missile in her spell set. Whenever I cast it it displays to me as being able to cast 1/-501 times when i select a target to cast on, and I spammed it on a monster up to like 1,2,3,...20 and it casted it 5 times at level 1, and then it froze the game and would not let me take any other actions...

It is very buggy and if you guys can look into it that would be great.

Thanks and if you need screenshots let me know.

MurD

2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

You don't have the Mod activated if you are getting the MM bug, check and see if you need toe no CD crack.

3. MurD

MurD Member

Alright I managed to click Activate when the front-end box appears, but it appears as (Not Responding) and it's been like this for a few minutes, I will wait and try it again, hopefully it will work out.

It initially gave me an error about .net framework but I had it updated.

4. MurD

MurD Member

Everything works fine now thanks!

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Activation takes quite a while and I recommend not touching it until it's done. ;)

6. Selufein

Selufein Elf Berserker

That's weard because I also have 5.8.1 NC Co8 Mod pack activated and I still have this bug. I also have the same bug with "scorching ray" spell. The game frezes if I use too many of them. But as long as I cast the normal number of missiles (or rays) for my level, everything works fine.
    I also have a bug about the "shout" spell not functioning all the time. And before you ask it: no, I'm not casting it as a "Silent Spell". ^^

7. flamedance58

flamedance58 Member

I have the most recent mod as well and have the same issue with Magic Missile and Scorching Ray.

I've read that googling for a no cd crack that doesn't have a certain .dll file inside it will fix it but i have a problem with that fix.

As when I do that my saved games are claimed to be corrupted yet when I switch back to another cd-crack my saves are fine but the bug is back...

Would be nice if there was another way to fix this but I guess I just have to deal with limiting myself with so many missiles and rays :p

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

@Selufein and flamedance58, if you want to actually play the Co8 modpack, you'll have to get the correct no-cd (33kb uncompressed, 17kb compressed, for Atari patch 2), because you're not playing it now. Google 'toee no cd.' The .dll is not optional; you have to have the Co8 modded .dll if you want to play the Co8 modpack. If you're using the wrong no-cd (the big one that contains a .dll itself), that one overrides ours and all the Co8 .dll related fixes go down the toilet.

And yes, you'll most likley have to start a new game. You should start a new game even if an old save does seem to work, because most likely something will go wrong eventually.

9. Selufein

Selufein Elf Berserker

Maybe that's a stupid question, but... where should I get the correct no-cd? Can I just try to find it on google or is it somewhere here on the forum?

EDIT:
    Ok I got it from here if that helps anyone:
    Removed by Ted

Thanks for your answer Gaear.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2010
  10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Sorry, I know you are just being helpful, but we do not host the crack or link directly to it here on the forum, for obvious legal reasons.

On an unrelated issue, people can always send PMs to each other. :wave:

11. Selufein

Selufein Elf Berserker

Ok sorry about that (I'm still new to the forum and I'm not used to post on any forum).
    Anyone can PM me if they don't find it, and I'll send them the link. ;)

12. flamedance58

flamedance58 Member

A quick question then If I restart.

Would it be ok to somehow save my characters and bring them over to the proper install with the correct no-cd.exe? Or do I have to completely start from scratch?

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You should completely start from scratch, as some elements of the modded .dll involve character creation/leveling.

Our Host!