Monsters in a party

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sergio Morozov, Aug 23, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

I remember, from my playing ToEE (which was long ago, relatively), it is possible to get Monsters into a party (Scorrp and Troll Chief legitimately, and any other with non-disappearing corpse via Domination spell, maybe I give the wrong name for spell, but it was low-level "Suggestion" previously. And there was a discussion if it should be removed, or else... You know... It was made high-level.)

To the point - is it possible to interact/buy/sell with any traders when Monsters are in the party? Maybe there is some special monster trader, or some trick to do it?

(Yea, that was fun to have Vrock, Ogre and Hill giant in a party, hehehe.)

2. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

On a whim, I accepted Pintark and Tuelk into my party of 2. They are both evil orc fighters that worship Hextor. Pintark really, really sucks. He has an intelligence of 3 and a charisma of 4 and nothing great for his other stats. Tuelk is only marginally better, statwise. They do not get a negative reaction from townspeople. However, a 3 intelligence doesn't really hinder a 20th level fighter. He still kicked that sweet ass all over the place.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  3. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

I meant real* monsters, like trolls, giants, demons, ettins, salamanders.
    Their presence in the party makes people not speaking to you, so I wondered if there is someone who will trade with such a party...

* - using word "real", when describing things, happening in a fiction world, seems strange...

4. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

I like having a bard specialize in charm monster. You seem to be able to bring those back to town, I had Terjon heal a couple of Umber Hulks I had in my party. No one blicks an eye at those guys, but get mighty upset at Scorpp.

5. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

I wonder whether any of the "evil" NPC traders like Gremag and Rannos Davl (in the trading post in Hommlet) or Skole (the bartender in the Boatmen's Tavern in Nulb) or the Swamp Denizen (the potion vendor in the pool of swamp water outside the Moathouse Respawn) or the Witch (in the Gnarley Forest where the Drow party is; who offers to sell you her special items and will buy items from you if you choose the dialogue option that you don't have enough money to afford her item; but you can never visit her again after you leave the zone that she is in) would trade with you if you had Scorpp in your party?

Originally posted by okashii:

6. Selufein

Selufein Elf Berserker

I enjoy having monsters in my party. It's really nice having them fighting alongside with the adventurers. It gives them a more "human" feeling. It's too bad that there aren't more of them because Scorpp makes the game too easy. The only "real" monster left is that troll Oolgrist (not sure of the name). I wish there were some crazy goblin shaman or some really weak and unusual monster that could be recruited (or enslaved).

About that "problem" with the people not talking to you, I think there should be somewhere a monster merchant to still allow you to buy/sell equipments (like a funny kobold as Deekin from NWN).

Monster NPCs rock! :thumbsup:

7. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

There is an alu-demon in the fire node who will join you. I think her name is Marlie. I know she starts off in human form but once she is revealed for what she is, I think she ought to count as a monster as well.

8. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

She does. No one will trade with you if she is in your party.

9. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

So, no one knows a way to interact with traders, while having monsters in a party...
    Well, I guess, I'll have to buy everything I need, (it would be also cool to get Balor's longsword), then get myself three hill giants and level them up as rangers. And then kill that bad Iuz buddy...

P.S. Or, maybe, I should stick to having trolls...

P.P.S. I'd rather have ettins and glabrezu, but their move animation is too slow...

There are at least two FEMALE BUGBEARS! Of course, domination and an exploit, which makes it permanent. are needed to get them. As well as those hill giants, trolls and all others.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  10. Doofulus_Prime

Doofulus_Prime Member

I know that the old woman who sells 'herbs and potions, potions and herbs' sold to me in Nulb while I had Scorrp with me. Unfortunately I don't believe she has any masterwork items.

11. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

Oh, I will try that old cleric-in-hiding! Thanks.

12. Sakotius

Sakotius Member

I, Myself, Have got a Lamia, Werewolf and a Brown Bear as NPC's ;) I also have the Giany PC that comes with the Co8 mod pack :D

(btw - Lamia's have amazing consentration, Give them a magic class. I chose the sorcerer)

13. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I wish there was a way to get the giant gar off of the Imeryds map. That would be too cool to have as an NPC.

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

You could just carry his head around in your pack and role-play the part. ;)

15. Selufein

Selufein Elf Berserker

That would be pretty cool and funny. I wonder if Smithy would attach it to the wall to have some company.

What about object NPCs? I really enjoyed that kind of evil talking long sword in NWN (Enserric). There aren't any in TOEE?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
Our Host!