Allyx - special post for you

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 10, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. ThE_GuN

ThE_GuN Member

if you want i can post the 3.5 prices if you tell me what items. (not a big change as Mike B. said.)

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Here you go, about 50 new items, some aren't pretty (didn't do much in Item_creation_names, Or Long_desription) but they seem to work ok. some items are particularly tough... The staff of elemental control (air) requires an 11th level wizard/9th level cleric to craft!

-- Livonya I had to use 12 lines in the 4000 range in protos for staves and rods, it wouldn't lt me equip weapons whose number is not in that range.

[EDIT] added a few descriptions of the more obscure items. I know some of the items i've made are "Not by the rules". Just post here any dicrepancies you find, i'll try to fix them.

[EDIT #2] changed the robe of blendingt so it only makes the wearer invisible.

Enjoy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  3. Allyx

Just a quick note, I would've and could've added a ring of regeneration, and the pearly white Ioun stone, the reason I didn't is the potentially game stopping problem of everyone in your group dying and enemies continually attacking the regenerating character because they can't perform a coup de grace!

4. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

hey Allyx i finally got around to making the other sword of answering and since you do this alot more that i do and know more about it than i do i thought id post them up here and you can see what you think of them. i tried them in the game and they all seem to work like they are suppose to. i tried to change the images of them but they would just look like one of the other swords in the game so i left that alone.

Attached Files:

5. Allyx

There are some cool sword images that aren't used in the game, they are the egyptian/celtic and fantasy swords (some with rusty versions), long and shortsword versions, I'll take a look at what you've done, but do you have any preferences for which Icons/models you want to use for each sword?

6. Allyx

I just noticed, there is a spelling error for Scather, resulting in it not actually counting as a lawful weapon.

Lord greywolf-- nice idea, having evil and neutral versions of fragarach/scather, I just think that as these weapons are so overpowered anyway, having them all in the game somewhere, would make the game too easy, besides you can do so much more with weapons than you can generic items, I had to change the rings of elemental control I was trying to make into staves, as I couldn't get more than one spell effect at a time out of it (I also added 1d6 bonus damage of the staves elemental type to the staves).

7. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Nice to know that you are editing some new item. Is it possible to try them? If so, where can I find them in the game? May I get them even if resuming some old game or should I play a new game at all?
    I really feel the need for some decent dwarven axe and composite long and short bows.

I think too that Scather (or whatever) is too strong, mainly for the fact that it never misses an enemy, so image what a generic fighter with power attack at maximum may do! I was able to end the game alone only thanks to that weapon. But still, it looks like part of what the programmers wished so I would leave it unchanged.

And again, I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one that is asking for NPC enchanters that will enchant masterwork gear or craft magic items. I belive that Terjon and Jaroo could both do it (if the game allows it) and... well, maybe the wizard at the tower, near the castle in Homelet. And still I agree that it would be nice to use that abbandoned shrine in Homelet for some nice sidequest. Let's see...

Matt.

8. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

oh what was the spelling error? that may explain alot.
    i didnt think they should all be in there but that there should be 1 avalible for each alignment that plays. i dont know if we can change it so that the party gets the sword for thier alignment as a reward from thrommel if not they can at least import it in the console so they have one to use if they want it. if i can get the lawful and chaotic to do what they are suppose to i can add in the LN and CN swords too. i also after more testing found that they dont work exactly like they are suppose to and that im sure is due to the first bounus which is just called fragarch. i need to find out where that bounus is and how to change it for each alignment so they would work right.

oh and no i dont care about the icon really i was just playing around with them and noticed they had all been used already. so i just left them all the same.

9. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The problem I see with Fragarach/Scather and the big two-handed swords, is the fighter has to give up his shield. My fighter was AC32 with a +7 MWheavy metal shield. With Scather he is AC25, which is okay, but he still gets hit a lot. If you're going to fight hillgiants and ettins you'd better have a lot of HP and potions and a cleric close by. If it wasn't for cure serious wounds potions the next thing would be raisedead. The swords are great but there are complications.

10. Allyx

i was refering to SPECIFIC ARMS AND ARMOR that you cant craft, for instance, you can buy but not craft the dagger of venom, nor can you craft (or find anywhere in the game) the greatsword of lifestealing, I was suggesting an npc who can sell these items that are already installed in everyones games but are never (or hardly ever) available.

The Items I've added are in the two zips in my previous post above (the second post on the second page of this thread). Just add the files i've zipped to the files in your data folder of the same name as the zip, and overwrite the existing files,

NOTE: you should have Livonya's mod added first.

11. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

scather not lawful and AC "problem"

Take combat mastery as feat and put it to maximum: that sword never misses, so you just get a +5 to AC with no maluses. And/or take the exotic weapon proficiency for bastard sword to handle it with 1 hand or buy a masterwork buckler and enchant it and equip it. You will never notice the -1 penality to attack rolls.
    Anyway Scather is a chaotic holy (good) wapon, so it doesn't have to count like a lawful weapon.

12. Allyx

--Lord greywolfe

I havn't actually tested it but I assume the entry of Fragarach in the abilities column works exactly the same for fragarach and scather, and your swords too, I mean infinite AOO's for CG characters and 1 AOO for good characters, as far as I know that is hard coded (I used the ability "Ring of change" for the Druids vestiments item I created).

13. Morgoth

Morgoth Member

Hmmm well i still think you should throw them in and put a note in the read me file... after all a character that is knocked down but regenerates might be able to escape and stop the need for a reload... just my two cents...

14. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

As long as you're fixing...

...the swords of Answering, why not make them all broadswords like they were in the original module? This will help balance out how much damage they do. And they only hit back "unerringly" up to the character's maximum number of attacks, not an unlimited number of times depending on attacks of opportunity. And the wielder is always last. Takes away some of the steam, I'd say, to get swung at 5 times and maybe beaten to death before you can respond a couple or 3 times...more if you're hasted. Unless you've got that great AC, which you should be able to have carrying a broadsword.

15. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

yeah i was afraid of that. well that means for swords of other alignments the best i could do would be to give them an enchantment bonus of say +2 maybe +3 and the holy/unholy, chaotic/lawful bonuses they would be usable by only select alignments and would get a damage bonus against opposing alignments. it would at least give evil and neutral parties something to use since scather and fragarach wont work for them. im still tinkering with the lawful/chaotic bounus trying to see why they dont seem to do anything.

Our Host!