Experienced Players - What Level Are You When You Finish The Moathouse?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gaear, Jun 21, 2010.

Remove all ads!
?

What level are you when you finish the Moathouse?

1. 1st level

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2nd level

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. 3rd level

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. 4th level

27 vote(s)
    71.1%
  5. 5th level

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

I was about level 4 going to level 5. I started it on level 2.

I had the mage and otis's brother(Can't think of his name) And a full party of starting characters.

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Usually level 4, just shy of level 5.

3. shadow5

shadow5 Member

I usually use 3-5 pc's with 2 or 3 npc's if party needs extra muscle or balance.There are times I might not have an arcane spellcaster,so I'll use Pishella or Spugnoir.If I don't have a thief(which I don't use in pnp)I try to wait until Nulb,as I dont like Furnok's bad accent or how he cheats me at cards.(Now my N or CN parties might get him to join so they could loot him and dump him somewhere as a lesson.)When I finish the moathouse I'm usually 4th or 5th level.I'm an xp whore so the only thing I skip is the stirges,as at low levels their con drain takes time to recover.Iusually take them on during the moathouse respawn during the werewolf fight.I voted 4th.

4. Groo the Ambler

Groo the Ambler Loot the Rot Grubs

In my first play-through of 5.8.1 NC, my party of 5 leveled up to 5th in the Moathouse Ambush.

The party had previously done all of Emridy Meadows (but not killed the giant) and all of the available Hommlet quests, and had killed everything in the Moathouse. They had not done Welkwood. No NPCs were used.

5. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

I stated 3rd. I use a big party, however, usually 7 PCs and only 1 NPC. I find most of the NPCs cannot match my ability to create characters to serve a singular need. I do all the quests I can and USUALLY do most random encounters for all the XP I can get, too. This applies whether I am good or evil.

6. Ank

Ank Established Member

I usually tackle the moathose building at lvl 2, slay all i can and on reaching lvl 3 i deal with the bugbears, after a trip to kill the mrdy meadows giant i obtain masterwork items and enter the lareth combat at lvl 4& i clear out the outer ambush scene i one go(before cleric buffs wear off).
    After i kill R&G's asassin i'm like 100-800xp away from 5th level
    PS: party size 5(no sorc,wiz or druid in party)and no npc's

7. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

By the time I'm done with the Big 3 I'm usually at 4th level. I usually clear out Welkwood Bog, do some of the Hommet fedex quests and go skeleton hunting in Emridy Meadows (In that order) before heading into the Moathouse. Doing all that, I usually enter the Moathouse at 2nd level but almost reaching 3rd level. As for my party, I always run a party of 6 PCs. Never been too fond of NPCs. Chatting with them is nice but they're not as flexible or customizable as the PCs are. So they're not really too fun to use in combat IMO.

8. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

I play smaller parties usually. 1-3 units in the party and I usually get to 5th level by the end of moathouse if I've done the following; WB, Moathouse, Deklo, Big3, Maybe some hommlett quests.

With parties of 4 or more I will reach 4th level at the end of everything in the moathouse before I go onto nulb.

Note in this I never go to emridy meadows before I finish the moathouse.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I hope you guys know that this thread/poll is like 2 years old and no longer particularly relevant. Somebody voted in the poll, which bumped the thread. Going to close the poll now ...

Our Host!