Mozilla Firefox 3.6.4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necroticpus, Jun 24, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I was surfing earlier and FF automatically updated the version of the browser to 3.6.4. I normally don't have any qualms about this because I generally trust FF updates. However, the update today has really thrown my routine into a tailspin. The newest version has serious issues with flash. I play flash games a lot and there's a game crash very frequently now whenever I play those same games. It has no effect on youtube though. That doesn't have any problems. It just has problems with the flash games, which is really irritating. I have Adobe Shockwave and Adobe Flash Player and the error it gives me is always Adobe Flash Player.

Are there any flashers around here that know of any hotfixes or work-arounds?

2. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Wow. That explains my issues with flash games as well!

Thanks, Necro! :thumbsup:

Hopefully one of "da brainz" here will get us an answer.

3. Necroticpus

Go to Tools on the FF browser and then click on Error Console. This brings up some interesting things. I don't know what it all means yet but I suspect it has something to do with pop-ups because there's a lot of entries on mine for Facebook and I have never been to Facebook.

4. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Now that Apple have begun building an evil empire, they have gone out of their way to destroy flash. Maybe Mozilla have joined them on the darkside.

5. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I don't know the right words to use so don't know if I will even make sense about this, but here goes.

A version of shockwave specially made for the new firefox comes as a download with the new ff version. You should have gotten it. My problem is that it requires you to use a button that it says is on the ff um screen (maybe toolbar is a better word) and it isn't there. I can't find it anywhere, so I don't know if it successfully loaded. (Meaning the shockwave app loading.)

I have had problems with shockwave for a long time. Had to drop Chrome because of it, wasn't compatible. Now it looks like I have to drop FF too, unless someone can tell me how to get that button to show up. Think it's an options button.

6. Bob Corncob

Bob Corncob Maverick Moon Miner

Options is the last listing in the Tools drop-down menu.

Part of the problem w/ Flash may be the new 10.1 release. When I tried the beta-release of 10.1 some months back, it played havoc with all things Flash for me. Eventually, I uninstalled it and re-installed the pevious release.

7. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Oh yes I forgot to mention Adobe has turned evil as well and is currently draining all the functionality and stability out of Flash(the animation program not the player)

8. Necroticpus

I agree with everything said so far. I've never liked quicktime and find it irritating that they have to have their own freaking extension for mpegs and stuff instead of conforming to industry standards. And adobe has already made me angry months ago when I started having problems opening documents on the web with adobe reader. If these problems persist, I will uninstall FF and all it's add-ons and go with previous working versions, after making sure that it doesn't automatically update anything unless I give it my express permission.

Also, I love the Hornitos ad on the bottom of the page. :clap: With a name like Hornitos, I don't see how you can go wrong.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

The Hornitos add is a flash player add, if you can see it your flash player might just be working.:twitch:

10. Necroticpus

Ya, flash works for ads and youtube and videos but it hoses up on the flash games.

*edit*
    Just had a flash error with a video now too. I think it's safe to say that the updated flash bites.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  11. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I just updated FF and it told me on the homepage to update my adobe flash player to 10.1. Hopefully this will fix it.

12. Necroticpus

I don't think the real problem is flash at the root of it. I think it's gotta be something about the newest version of FF. I'm getting rid of it right now and backpedaling to the previous and no automatic updating.

13. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Yup! Just had to reload this page due to FF crashing, (that's how FF said it).

Darn! I hate IE.

14. Necroticpus

What are FF's cache files? I think they are .sqlite but not sure. I'd hate to lose all my flash game saves.

*edit*
    And there was another !@#$%^& update to FF this morning, most likely fixing the flash thing and breaking something else.

15. nevaeh

nevaeh Member

Mozilla recognizes that third-party plugins provide important functionality in many of today’s websites. At the same time, plugins can lead to problems for users as they browse. With the ability to automatically alert users when they have out of date plugins, and now crash protection, Firefox 3.6.4 allows users to experience all the content they love without any of the hassles. (If you’re not running Firefox, Mozilla recommends that you make a habit of visiting the Plugin Check page to keep your plugins up to date.)

Our Host!