Solo run

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by trickyyoda, Jan 26, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

You would think it would work like charmed or dominated monsters. I have taken several along, but not more than 4-5, they just get in the way. Strangely enough, charmed or dominated animals stay on their home map, if you come back they will still be there. If you rest elsewhere, they return to their hostile state, but you can leave and comeback without resting and they will still obey you.

I have not used an evil cleric, are you able to arrange the rebuked undead in your formation screen?

2. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

You are able to change the formation of the undead. If I remember correctly I had to move all the portraits to get the others to appear in their place.

CTD are not caused by rebuked undead; just a fault in the game. Try an earlier save, or going to a different area; once you get past it it's normally ok.

3. ShadowDeth

ShadowDeth Save Versus : Stupid

I solo'd the game quite easily with a Cleric of Pelor, and my most difficult fight was the Hill Giant.

At the time, even Iuz was a pushover by the time I got to him (back when he wasn't buffed to the current level). I was throwing around quickened Order's Wraths (shockingly effective for buying your solo character a turn), running around with extended spell resistance/divine favor, divine strength and dropping quickened Righteous mights first round of every fight.

at 20th level, with +3 gear across the board and the Holy Mace bought from the church, I literally walked through every monster in the game.

I remember I recruited someone to be a Rogue to open the locked Door in Verbo, but other than that not being able to get into chests didn't affect me much.

But yeah, the hill giant went down to somewhere in the realm of 15 spiritual weapons.

(Playing a SOLO Cleric really teaches you how to play the class. I feel like I could write a thesis on the TOEE cleric now, and really pushes you to explore all the spells - even the unpopular ones.)

4. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I agree. I solo'd with a cleric that dual wielded the staff Terjon uses. She was basically unstoppable.

5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I always use a cleric of Pelor. Iuz spent all his time fighting fire elementals before Cuthbert showed up. Elder fire elementals go about 200HP and are hard to hit. The elementals wasted the place and the cleric never got hit once. Summon monster 9 might be the most powerful spell in the game.

6. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

I just finished that fight, my druid dropped a huge earth elemental next to Hedrack. He had great cleave and worked his way through the crowd. When he critted a gargoyle he clapped him between his hands like a fly. That was great animations!

7. sps49

sps49 Wide-Eyed Tourist Supporter

If you wrote one and posted it here, I would read it.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Seconded :)

9. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Wasn't someone else posting somewhere about soloing a charecter race/class that I'd suggested as the worst at soloing? He'd already died about a hundred times doing the fed-ex quests in Hommlett.

10. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

Wait...How the hell does one die doing silly errands involving no battle at all? Negative CON & tripping over his shoelaces or what? :roll:

Our Host!