Corrupted Saves in 5.8.0NC game

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by blackfly, May 18, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

Not sure where to put this....

I have a party of 7 all level 5/6. I was just about to go into the Temple Tower and saved there. The game save is good. ANY SAVE after that is bugged......

I have tried going into the tower and then saving, or going to another position from the tower and saving. Everything after this point is corrupted. I did not add anything, change anything in any file..... I have no idea.

I am a bit upset in that I REALLY do not want to start over, but I cannot understand how it happened. I did not pick up (or console in) any gear and cannot figure how to undo the corruption and I am too far in to want to start over. Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks.

2. EdCon

EdCon Member

Often times for me the corrupted saves are when I give, transfer, or pick up ammo. One character picking up ammo, putting it in the quiver, and selling it (arrows, bolts, stones) are all fine, but handing ammo from one character to another, splitting it, etc. can cause corruptions.

Also, sometimes big fights can cause corrupted saves.

Not sure if this helps.

-EdCon

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Do you have any saves from earlier? Haven't heard any other reports of trouble in that area, and nothing was changed there for 5.8.

4. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

I experienced a CTD after exiting the tower battle the first time - i went in, defeated the ambush party, defeated Smigmal and her summoned assassins, even defeated Falrinth (my Paladin landed a tremendous critical hit before he could disappear in the second round) ...

was loaded up with treasure, as in every slot filled ... exited the cave back out to the burnt farmhouse map, and there was CTD right there. i am figuring the 3 successive big fights might have caught a glitch somewhere...

Backed up, did it all again, *sigh* and NO PROBLEMO!!! everything worked fine :shrug:

IN 5.8, HAVE YET TO EXPERIENCE A CORRUPTED SAVE :) :beer: thanks Co8!!!

I practice the "save often" technique, and have 5 rotating saves, as well as individual saves set at various plot points or major battles.

Good luck Blackfly ... i experienced many corrupted saves in my playing 5.6 BETA

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  5. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

Thanks all. I decided to go about the game from a different route from my clean save, and despite this I am getting through but SOME of my saves, on random, are corrupted. I am not sure why. Sadly Gaear it is my only save as I cleaned out my game save slots previous as a "housekeeping" duty. I am saving more and then testing the save to see if it is good....

But the new version is very good. Loved HB, and ESPECIALLY Welkwood Bog. Very good. AND WB helps in getting experience from good ol' fashion hack n' slash rather than boring quests in Hommlet.

All in all, very good. I am especially looking forward to Verbobonc.

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Not sure about corrupted saves - but about CTDs in battles like the Tower, with pre-buffs, if you ready a counterspell before entering, the game will crash when someone casts something during dialogue.

Our Host!