What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, May 2, 2010.

Remove all ads!
?

What type of new content would you like to see?

1. Low Level (1-4)

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  2. Middle Levels (5-9)

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. High Levels (10-14)

12 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Insanly Hard Content (15+)

31 vote(s)
    40.8%
  5. Small Additions: Such as Lareth running into the barracks to join the fight, ect.

20 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

The modders definitely have a full plate, so this is not an official poll by any means, but if you had your choice, what type of content would you like added in?

1) Low Level Content (Level 1-5)
    2) Mid Level Content (Levels 5-9)
    3) High Level Content (Levels 10-14)
    4) Insanely Hard Content (Levels 15-20)
    5) Small Additions: Such as Lareth running into the barracks to join the fight, ect.

2. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

How about numbers 1 and 5. For game balance perhaps lower the experience point value once you reach say 2nd or 3rd level if it can be done. Then later put it back where it was.

And yeah, Lareth running in and joining the bigger battle would be cool and add a different dimension to that enounter. Such minor things would liven up the action for those who have played thru many different times.

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I agree. At the level the modder wants plus small changes.

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Well, there's only so much low level content needed imo. The Bog has about completed it - and moathouse is an excellent low-level adventure.

I voted "insanely hard content" for that's what the game doesn't have, although I suppose more mid-level content would be great too, but I'm not sure if it's best to have MORE content or to just tweak the old stuff - like making the priests less pathetically weak in the NC mod version, for example, or adding difficulty to the nodes to shift them up to high-level content. But still, thus far game gets too easy after you've leveled to about lvl. 8 and there's nothing left to do after about 10-11. I love the game up until the Temple, but IMO the temple part needs work.

Alternatively, rather than modding all the extra stuff into TOEE while trying to keep the balance, maybe the modders could embark on a journey to create an adventure of their own as a separate module - KOTB style. Maybe make RTTOEE or something.

5. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Would your answers change if Verb is back in with the drow adventure, and arena, and War of the Golden Skull (which is high level 10+)?

6. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I voted for insanely hard content because it would be a real precedent in the game. In the original game, non-mod, there isn't anything even remotely challenging in the adventure, other than the bugs that make it an exercise in futility to play all the way through. Insanely hard content doesn't necessarily mean high level content either, although I would dig that a great amount as I like to play around where there's a huge amount of outcomes because of the access to greater spells, skills, feats, etc.

You can have insanely hard content at level 1 without being utterly ridiculous and throwing characters into an unwinable fight. Imagination is the only limitation!

7. EdCon

EdCon Member

I'm with Necro on this-I think the high levels could use some interesting development. I'd vote 3-4.

I would love to play the new content Ranth described, but, as far as I can tell, it's not available for download, is it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

-EC

8. Necroticpus

Ranth's mod, the war of the golden skull, only works with co8 modpack 5.5. But it is truly awesome for high level content. Might even see some NPC's you might recognize. :yes:

If you're using the front end, you can load all the different versions of the modpack but you can only activate one at a time. I have them all loaded but right now, my current active one is 5.8. When I want to fight, I activate 5.5 and let it ride!

You can download it from his WotGS thread.

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  9. EdCon

EdCon Member

Necro-Thanks for the tip-I wasn't sure which version (if any) was compatible. By chance I already have 5.5 installed...mainly since it was the last major NC version before the current one, and I love new content :)

-EC

10. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Well, IMO it's more of an issue of bumping the difficulty in mid and end-game up rather than adding more new content that's upcoming. Although iirc Verbo is aimed for the 10-15 range just like WotGS, and there's no 15+ content planned.

11. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

I frankly disagree with the lowering of experience values... they are too low as is.
    Add new content and if need be raise the power of the end game to compensate for higher level players.

12. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ Agreed, it feels fine with the new lowered values (I forget which version introduced that), at least until level 6 or so.

13. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I'm up for any kind of new content anywhere, anyhow any level.

14. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

If people want high level content, I'm willing to give it a go.
    [Don't expect much though, I'm not a modder ande won't even start untill my upcomming exams are over]

Behold; the new upcomming addon: The Nodes of Annihilation!

15. Necroticpus

This sounds interesting. Each entrance to the 4 nodes are spheres of annihilation, just like the tomb of horrors? :poke:

No, seriously though, I would love to see anyone mod for the game. I must live my life vicariously through the modders.

Our Host!