Amulets vs Turning Sellable anywhere?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by EdCon, Apr 26, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. EdCon

EdCon Member

Interesting add on to some of the undead...I was wondering why the sun cleric wasn't wading through the meadows so easily anymore. :)

Is it possible to sell these anywhere? Homlett appears to be empty of merchants who will take them, are there any in Nulb or elsewhere?

-EdCon

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

They should only appear on a small number of Co8-added undead. No, they are not sellable atm: they are evil things that no merchant in decent places would want. Later, they may have some plot value somewhere.

Note these items originally appeared in B2: Forget what its called, which is where the idea is from. :)

3. EdCon

EdCon Member

Hmmm...will have to try Nulb.

Granted I have plenty of cash sources, so it's no big deal...but I'm a packrat, and carting around 16 of these is a bit much. Hmmm...maybe the next undead that leaves a corpse will get them planted on the body.

Nice to know the idea was brought in from an older module...a lot of good content there.

-EdCon

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Where did you get 16 of them?

5. EdCon

EdCon Member

*quick count*

Sorry, 14. I was off by two.

I went to Emridy Meadows, went south from the spot where you enter, fighting the skeletons along the way. Every one of them had an amulet, a couple had two on the bodies.

I like the improved difficulty on these encounters, but it would be nice if you could sell them for, say, one gold each. As it is I'll probably find some corpse in a world map random encounter to dump them on, since I hate seeing piles of junk (clubs, slings, clothes) around the smith :)

-EdCon

6. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

What has always disturbed me about some of these computer games is that you can leave items of value lying on the ground and nothing comes along to pick it up. In my 5.7.2 game I have a whole lot of worthwhile junk (it has to have value to someone, even a goblin) lying in front of Brother Smythe(?) the blacksmith.

So what does it matter where you dump it? I try to dump it somewhere where I can remember, thus the blacksmith. Or for that matter it could be left in the Moathouse tower's chest. Then the game could do a check every time you access the chest to see if some monster had come along and looted it.

7. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Note these items originally appeared in B2: Forget what its called, which is where the idea is from. :)[/QUOTE]

Weren't they from the evil temple in Keep on the Borderlands, located in the Caves of Chaos? I remember the undead being a little harder to turn there. (PnP version)

8. Shiningted

Ahhh, so that's what that module was? Never heard of it ;)

If they are popping up all over the place in Emridy Meadows, there are undead there added by Co8 I wasn't taking into account. They shouldn't be there: my mistake. It will get fixed.

9. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Don't take them all away it adds something new to the game.
    I gathered them all up and dumped the in the well in Hommlet, once I realised they couldn't be sold.

10. EdCon

EdCon Member

Hugh-LOL! I have this mental picture of a party of heroes standing by the Homlett well, dumping trash in it, along with skeletons and other interesting items no one will buy...

Tikki Tikki Tembo, dusty skeleton necromancer goes in the well... ;)

-EC

11. Shiningted

Ooo, thats a good place to store stuff - or any barrel I guess. Beats waiting for Nulb.

12. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Remember the countryside code.
    Take only photographs and leave only footprints and/or the biodegradable corpses of your enemies.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  13. sps49

sps49 Wide-Eyed Tourist Supporter

I kept a pair, one IDed and one not, in case someone somewhere wanted to buy one.

The rest I dumped like the orignal cheap clothes- left on a random encounter map. I don't want the game to have to remember all that stuff everywhere.

Our Host!