Confused

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by MagikGimp, Apr 16, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. MagikGimp

MagikGimp Member

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong thread; please feel free to move it if necessary.

OK so I have some questions about the Co8 mods:
    1) Should I install one of them (as in am I ultimately making more problems than there were after patch 3)?
    2) Assuming I do want to install one (which I think I do) which one do I install? I look at the features thread and see that 5.5.0 has more features which have since disappeared and yet 5.7.2 is a higher number released two years later...
    3) Why was all that stuff in that table removed?
    4) Is the game essentially the same modded but just with fewer bugs and some extras thrown in? OR
    5) Are there a load of other optional extras (some of the features removed perhaps?) that one can install on top a la Baldur's Gate Tutu?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can provide; I really want to get around to playing this game (damn you Kikoskia)!

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

You can download and intall any of the previous mods all the way back to 3.0.4. If you have patch 3 overwrite it with patch 2. Patch 3 is not compatible with co8mods. Do 5.5.0 for now and move up to 5.8 when it comes out. Everything you need is in the forum somewhere.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The ToEE News Thread can shed some light on our rationale. Bear in mind that rationale can change over time however, and that we don't have 'mission statement' meetings every ten days to coordinate and define our efforts. Much of it boils down to matters of practicality.

4. TerMany

TerMany Member

It is my understanding that 5.8 will NOT include Verbobonc. Is that still true?

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Aye, it's true.

6. TerMany

TerMany Member

Awww... disappointed but can't complain since you guys are doing an amazing job. Still hurts like hell.

7. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Frankly, it's a good thing that Verbo is getting redone. The old version was lots of fun but also messy, and didn't really fit in well with the game progression - you got your characters overpowered by going there.

8. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

just download and install the latest version.

As for content removed, that is only stuff that co8 added in the first place and later thought better of.

The vanilla game is so unimaginably buggy that you are highly unlikely to be able to complete it... it just breaks apart.

While the co8 still has some bugs, it has an amazing amount of bug fixes and is a much better game.

9. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I did it. MULTIPLE times. Not for the weak of heart, though. :transform

10. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

I did it too... it took significant replaying of various parts... sometimes I had to load saves as early as hours earlier in order to bypass a critical bug or flaw.

Our Host!