Questions about the Assassination of Lodriss quest

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Chad878262, Jun 4, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi
    I would assume that you would get EXP (not many, but some) for completing the quest. One thing I should point out: if the person talking to Skole to get the quest has an Intimidate skill of 10 or higher, you can intimidate Skole into giving you a +2 Shield. By the way, this quest is doable by parties of any alignment. I always run CG or NG parties, and I always reveal the assassination plot to Lodriss, tell Skole that I told Lodriss and let the fighting begin. This time around, when I revealed the plot to Lodriss, I had the dialogue option of "Don't worry about Skole, I'll take care of him" (or words to that effect), whereupon she replied something like "Try not to destroy all the furniture".
    The Royal Canadian

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

FYI,
    the best option in terms of XP is to botch the quest by passing 3 days, and getting the special wilderness encounter.

3. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Whoa wilderness encounter? Now I need to know what happens.

4. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

whoa, what a flashback. allyx, cpt crunch...i've not see them post in a while. zebbadee.
    yah, i've never done that one. I usually get over a 1000 xps for that encounter for each pc (party of 2 or 3)
    i'm assuming skole has a possee with him and more loot

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Heh, never heard of this before. There you go.

To get back to Online's original question, quests are set by CR. It may be the case that you got no XP because your level is too high (if it is calculated like monster XP, which it may be).

6. Sitra Achara

I can confirm - it is!

7. Shiningted

Thats a pain. I set every quest CR in KotB to 1, because I want those quests to be things people do because they enjoy them, not for XP farming. Now I am going to have to complicatedly reset all of them :no:

8. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Ted
    My vote is to leave the quest CRs in KoTB right where they are. I will confess it's been a while since I last played KoTB (my 9 month old Vista laptop doesn't want to activate KoTB for some reason), but I seem to recall being able to reach 6th level with the quests available in 1.11 (no visits to the caves), so I don't think anyone is going to need an Exp boost.
    The Royal Canadian

9. Sitra Achara

Ted -
    I imagine you're joking, because getting XP from a CR1 quest is equivalent to killing a CR 1 monster:
    300 XP * XP mod / number of party members
    Which amounts to 42 XP for a party of 5 characters, playing with a 0.7 XP mod.
    You can try reducing the CRs to -1 if you really want. (that should quarter the XP - at least it does for monsters)

10. Shiningted

I'm fine with 42XP for a party of 5 (for reasons already stated), I'm just not fine with it becoming 0 after a while.

11. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

Thanks Ted -- that may well have been the case. I mainly just wanted to point it out in case you guys thought it didn't sound like it was working as intended.

And speaking of Ultima (what?), here's an Ultima-inspired 2010 pin-up calendar for those Ultima fans that may be curious (warning, may be NSFW).

12. Shiningted

Wtf was with Courage? Way to break the mood!!!! :suprised:

13. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

Heh ... guess it could use a 'Warning: Includes token beefcake' label.

By the way, Ted, I was glad to see the good news you posted on the Keep thread.

Our Host!