Modding Questions

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by nuggets, Feb 25, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

Yo, I'm new here and I read this thread called mod ideas. And i thought, Who the hell would put MOD IDEAS in the toee section and not the GENERAL MODIFICATION section. Now this thread is gonna be what i think is similar, but beter. Because this one's newer. Freasher. In that old crappy thread i did see one good question. When editing the tga of items, how do you make parts transparent?

2. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

Any of yous people know how to make a tga image transparnt?

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, I think the creator of that thread tended to post before he thought rather a lot. He also tended to argue the point with moderators despite being told not to, and did not follow the rules. Please don't emulate him in either of these things.

As for transparencies: try the sticky on the subject.

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6304

4. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

naw dude, im pretty lax. A bit ocd thats why i flipped, but its nota bad case. Anyway you know how to make tga images invisible or transparent?

5. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

I just thot of a few question. Like I keep reading "vanilla". in the game, what is vanilla? is it like ale? or meat? or does it have something to do with the system? does it have to do with modding the game? do I need to be worried about it?

6. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Vanilla refers to the TOEE game as it was released by Atari without the Co8 mod. All the bugs, none of the added content.

7. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

Thanks dude.
    Yo Shiningted, sorry about asking the same question after you posted. I didnt even see the link you put. my bad. thanks man.

8. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

hey yo shiningted. Sorry to bother you again but that link was a good read. I didnt even know you could do that stuff. Ima gonna learn a lot here. thanks man.

9. Shiningted

Entirely a pleasure.

10. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

yo. so like, i got some of those archmage robes and i's been thinken. Whatabout the priests? how would one make vestment robes? I was thinking about 4 of them. 1 for good, 1 for chaotic, 1 for lawful, and 1 for evil. like the archmage robes they would give a small ac bounus and spell resistance. But like, the good one could cast holy smite, chaos cast chaos hammer, evil case unholy blight, and law cast orders wrath. And the amount of each casting would depend on the cleric level. I just want to know if something like this would even be doable. If yes ima gonna look into it. Thanks and peace.

11. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

It is doable. I suggest you look into it.

12. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

Ranth. thanks man, but when i booted up my photoshop, to make the robes look different from normal robes, it was corrupted. I had to delet it, run my antivirus, and registry cleaner. So i dont suppose anybody has a link to free photoshop? the 1 i had was internet download, so i dont got no cd. i wanted to make the vestment robes look like the vestments popes wear. or would regular robes be ok to start out with.

13. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

Yo Ranth, i stopped trying to make a new look for my vestment robes for now. And instead have been trying to get them to work. like archmage robes they give +5 ac and 17 spell resistance. And they will have 100, maby more, charges. I started with the chaos vestment. I looked at how the archmagi robes are done and basically copied, but instead of like, holy 2 times i put chaotic 2 tmes. Everything works except it wont cast chaos hammer. And i put it on 3 test subjects. 1 was a chaotic good priest. one chaotis neutral, and 1 chaotic evil. All 3 had the chaos thing going. but none could use the robes to use the spell. So hey man any suggestions. damn if this works out its gonna be crucial. gonna be the best thing next to the 8 track.

14. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

damn, i still cant figure it out. to bad. i guess that project of mine is over with. Anyway like, i was trying to learn more about D&D and i read about a glory domain. i could not find which god gives it, but the domain gives +2 to turn undead check, and +1d6 to turn undead damage. it also like, gives you the spells disrupt undead, bless weapon, searing light, holy smite, holy sword, bolt of glory, sunbeam, crown of glory, and gate. now, i's just thinking "DUDE that this would be crucial to have." is there anyway to add new domains?

15. Shiningted

Not easily, no: it would require a .dll hack.

Our Host!