If you could commit one crime and get away with it, what would it be and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mooses, Feb 21, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I already have. Heh heh heh...

(sighs) Now if I could just shut up about it. :no:

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

lol, when I first read this I thought you were saying that congress be forced to make (e.g. produce, grow) pot and legalize prostitution. :grin:

3. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I have a few of my own ideas, but I'm wise enough not to post them, even as a joke. Besides, they scare even me, and that's hard to do.

Our government watches these things even more carefully than China. I really do not want to "disappear".

Hang on, someone's pounding at my door....

4. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Murder. 1st degree, premeditated murder. 5 of them to be exact.

On my worst days, I sometimes amuse myself by planning them out,
    1 at a time.

However, even on my worst days, I am fully aware that I never would.

I just like thinking that I would.

Power. Yeah.

5. GuardianAngel82

For extra amusement, visualize the process while in the target's presence. ;)

6. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I just thought of a good one that I'd like to pull off. First though, before I say it, I want to say that I'm not a huge flag waver or any more patriotic than anyone else. This is something that just needs to get done.

If I could, I would turn the whole middle east into the newest and largest inland sea in the world. I would keep bombing until I punched a hole through the continental shelf and water rushed in to fill it.

They've been messing with us since before I was born 40 some years ago and there's no sign of it stopping anytime soon. I would finish the job that was started. It's a pity that so many innocent people would have to perish because of the sins of others but the chance cannot be taken that the culture of death and mysogyny(sp?) rising from the ashes, or rather, rising from the world's largest glass parking lot. Git 'er done.

7. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Hmmm.. you might want to read "The War After Armageddon" by Ralph Peters, first.

8. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

We reap what we sow.

Take a look at the history of the Middle East from the 1900's to present and you will see why so much trouble is coming from there.

If that's a bit daunting read Persopolis a graphic novel about Iran.

9. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

What!? Bomb THE LAND into nothing and lose all the natural resources (however scarce they may be) ?
    Oh no, we should find another way to remove the fanatics, but preserve the land.

10. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I'd say start about 1900 BC or so - whenever the Hebrews moved out of Egypt and into the land of milk and honey, displacing the local inhabitants in the process. Two peoples have lived in the same land without integrating for several thousand years - for that situation to have lasted so long, there must be some pretty deep hatreds involved.

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ahhh, but one of the groups is in the right for they have GOD ON THEIR SIDE.

(I won't say which - they would be in bad taste).

Seriously though, Erkper, thats the most sensible damn thing ever said in this forum. On the internet, even. The problem in the middle east is:

2 peoples on 1 small bit of land

both of whom have a reasonable claim to living there. If you eliminated Islamic fanaticism - heck, if you eliminated Islam itself - that problem would remain. Likewise, if you got rid of the oil the problem would remain (though no-one would care any more).

12. GuardianAngel82

Weren't the Canaanites ethnically and theologically similar to the Hebrews? The main difference seems to be that Moses was trying to get his group to embrace monotheism: "Thou Shalt Have No Other Gods Before Me."

The Wanderers had moved on into Egypt with the rest of the 'Hyksos' invasion. And they then wandered back after the Egyptians reasserted themselves.

There doesn't seem to be enough reason there for such a long-standing separation. Were the Hebrew THAT insular?

13. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

wtf man. whats wrong with islam? what about muhammid ali? or malcolm X? not to mention their culture is interesting. wrong choice of words man.

14. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Why thankee, Ted - I'm honored. What astonishes me is the length of time this has gone on. I can't think of any other instances in history where two cultures have coexisted for so long without integrating - or one getting completely wiped out.

And nuggets, I don't think anyone was suggesting Islam should be wiped out - Ted only pointed out that the underlying cause of friction between the Israelis and Palestinians would still exist regardless of religion.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  15. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

sorry dude, i mis-read it. my bad. it cool.

Our Host!