Who is your favorate character in the game?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by mooses, Feb 20, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

Yes, but unlike a lot of players here, i don't usually have PCs that are front line fighters. The troll is great for dropping into the middle of baddies and forgetting about him.

He's used by my PCs for heavy combat, not going after Wizards. The bard and wizards do a better job of that, and that's what i use

I still wish after a while u could ditch zaxis. I avoid that NPC cuz once he's on board, you can't get rid of him

2. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

Oohlgrist is cool but, naw. I would have to say my man Otis. He is my fav recruitable npc. Ne is a beast. It does make me mad that he wont join in my 5.5.0, like he says "Great im ready to head out." but he dont join the A-Team. Any of yous know what to do?

3. windmillcrusadeR

Otis is great, but he left a bad taste in my mouth (figuratively of course) in version vanilla. he'd grab all the freaking treasure and be running around overloaded with treasure.

i've hated him ever since.

4. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

Yo like, on my version 5.5.0, he wont show up in my party. He will say "great, im ready to head out." but he wont be in my party? you know how ta fix?

5. windmillcrusadeR

what alighment r u? he only goes twice with good parties. there is a way to get him and mother scruggs to join the party, it's tricky, you have to be a good party. but man, he's a steam roller with scruggs cleric spells

6. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

I'm playing with my paladin Black Steel. hey thanks man for helping.

7. windmillcrusadeR

if u got a paladin, then u should be golden.
    Otis will join u with mother scruggs if you are a very low party.

when u start off, only get the holy sword, kill the bare minimum of monsters in the mote house, then go to nulb and get him to join. (if you bulk up the party size, the xps get divided up and u can keep the xps low)

then go to the castle, rescue the gnome, get him to talk about the "factions" and then let him go.

go back to nulb, otis leaves, then ask him to join up.

if ur all 4rth level or lower, have only 3 PCs, he'll say lets get some help.

mother scruggs will join and she's like 9th level or something.

the elf rogue/fighter upstairs also joins.

if u go back to nulb (even once) they all leave.

it's pretty wild strolling through the temple while you're 3rd level, but it's possible.

then u got a lot of firepower and you can go back to the moat house later.

8. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

dude like, before i installed 5.5.0 i did that. But now nomatter which alignment he wont show up. He like, says he's joining but he wont join. thaks man for the help anyways. Otis is crucial. But you wanna be my homeboy on this site?

9. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi
    This might be a stupid question, but how many NPCs do you have in your party ? Also what are you "Number of PCs/ NPCs" settings in the Front end ?? If you have the front end set to allow only 3 NPCs in the party (the default setting), it won't let you add a fourth NPC even if you only have one PC.
    The Royal Canadian

10. maalri

maalri Immortal

Back on subject- Frank was da MAN! (Not a Balor, just a man with Eczema)

Meleny is a close second, but yes, I must appreciate Dear Fruella too!

11. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

I see where your coming from. But I have 2 pc, and 0 npc's. However looking at the proto.tab, i found there are 2 otis's. So i like, spawned them both and found that 1 joins and the other doesn't. Now i did have to kill 1 of the 2 i spawned, and the real one. But i finally got otis. Thanks though.

12. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Frank was sweet. I kept going back to him for unlimited amounts of sugar ^___^

13. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Ah, sure!
    Infinite sugar!
    Excelent for... Awn... Err....
    Well, to have and carry with ya.

But I'm not able to understand how Fruella, that anoying bitch from hell, shall be the best character in front of Meleny!

Fruella haven't a sweet voice! She is not entusiastic! She is not delicated as a flower... She is ugly as Frank and so bad-tempered as him! And that freaky voice!!! Oh, damn!

14. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Meleny, of course. Especially after I've consoled her to 1/2 orc with base strength 18. With tthe old Unholy Orc Double Axe, I nicknamed her 'Perky Death'.

Elmo and Fruella, as they are both excellent, well-equipped, low level party members. Elmo can be sobered up, and divorcing Fruella brings extra experience points. :p

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  15. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

1. She does. Or did you forget the Orb of Moons? :yes:

2. She's extremely dedicated. Sticks to your PC like superglue.

3. How incredibly MEAN of you to call Frank ugly! :bored: I'll se how other people treat you when YOU get a skin problem :poke: He also ain't bad-tempered. I mean, how would YOU react if a random stranger barged into your house in the middle of the night calling you things while demanding sugar? :roll:

Our Host!