Hate thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mooses, Feb 21, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I would dearly love to go back in time when you took care of your own and no one else was around or cared enough to stick their noses in your business. I'm all for becoming a warlike people. A lawful evil society, where the strong survive and the weak perish. Put a man's destiny in his own hands and watch him flourish.

I just want to be left alone so I can somewhat enjoy my life, such as it is, the way I see fit. I ain't going to bother anybody, except people that act like wild animals, killing women and children, pillaging all over the place, starting fires and raping cattle. That would be very therapeutic for me. I could get out what I need to get out and everyone else would be happier for it. Everyone except the perpetrators.

2. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

Guardian Angel. You just won my respect man. But i still do hate the corruption in police and military. This mostly involves certain 3rd world countries, but also effects 2nd and 1st world. But yeah guardian, you cool dude. I wuold put the peace icon but it looks to much like Richard Nixion.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Venting indeed. Necroticpus, one of the oldest and dearest moderators on this board is a police officer (not me). Please don't generalise: a bad experience with a police officer, or an ex-wife, or a hippy, or whoever, is no excuse to vilify the whole group. D&D players have been facing that crap since the game became popular, remember? :yeaaa:

Also, please refrain from the "wanting people dead" comments, because I suspect you have brought yourself (& our forum) to the attention of the feds often enough. :wyatt:

4. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

I hate nightmares. Like, i had a dream that i was in black robes, with a long, single edged sword covered in blood. And i was in a chariot being pulled by like, a bunch of horses on fire, and i was attacking my family. I woke up, it scared the freak out of me dude. anyone else hate nightmares? and do i need to get that checked out or something?

5. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I wish it could be so, too. But, we've become too jammed together for everyone to live in true freedom. It's not that dancing whenever you want is wrong, but not on a crowded elevator.

Most of our crimes aren't committed by hardened criminals. They are often people who are in a bad patch. On the other hand, there are a few who can't be fixed. They are rare, but their stories dominate our news.

Most people are mostly decent, mostly caring, if you give them a chance. If you are in trouble, they will just stand there. But when someone does something to help, they will all pitch in. I think it's some kind of shock or fascination that stops them at first. But it is NOT because they don't care.

In the Angels, we call it freezing. Almost all our new trainees do it for a few seconds until they realize they already know what to do. Then they are okay.

6. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

I know this is a hate thread, but I love the way motorists believe parking laws should apply to everyone else.
    I love Necro's rants and his restaurant reviews, they bring tears of joy to my eyes.

7. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

SERIOUSLY:
    For the birds thing - you should buy and use earplugs! I had that "bird issue", earplugs help greatly and cost little.

Ironically:
    On the tips - 5 dollars is 150 roubles, considering that I earn less than 500 roubles/day you'll never this kind of a tip from me. Not that I plan on drinking coffee in NY very soon. Hate me as much as you wish.

Ironically:
    On the phone - and I hate having the cell phone, because people call me by it when they want to call, not when I want to be called!

Yes indeed, he is a great theme-maker!

To GuardianAngel82:
    You are thoroughly right on the subject of stupid people! Experienced this today, had to expel approx. 20 students from the room (of approx. 40 total.)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  8. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I'm through with hating cops for the moment. I'm just going to push it to the back of my mind and save it for later when I'm chopping wood and then I can work out some disturbing and morbid fantasies.

No matter how bad our cops are here, I think Serg has it worse in the U.S.S.R. Them russian cops don't play games at all. They'll just beat you like a rented mule if you do anything they don't like.

9. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

But they only dislike lawless behavior, our dear policemen (well, they are called militia / militiamen actually.)

So yes, if one behaves bad, he may get beaten, or fined, or talked to angrily.
    That is why our police is very good at upholding THE LAW and ORDER.

(This very post may contradict actual situation in Russia in a very severe way, sorry.)

10. GuardianAngel82

This would be true of Houston cops up until the '70's. AFTER that, the crime rate soared, and we became the murder capital of the United States. We had gangs and drugs (and Guardian Angels). Even so, I don't long for a return to the "good old days".

I understand the crime rate in Nazi Germany was very low, too. Apparently, more freedom means more crime.

11. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

Man if you have a bird problem, you could use my grandpa's 20 guage shotgun.

12. nuggets

nuggets FLAVOR FLAV

You know what i relly hate? Abusive boyfriends. Like, on campus i saw one of my old highschool friends andee. She was with her boyfriend shawn, who in art class in school she would sometimes break down crying because he's a ,quote, "doush bag" ,un-quote, and shawn was with her. This little punk ass bitch hit her in public and started to yell at her because she was talking to her friends. Man i bout lost it. That mofo almost went down. And i was just watching them and she noticed me and started looking at me and he turned around and was like "The **** you looking at" and im like "Hey man, you dont need to be hitting no ladies." and he said " man **** you, mind your own damn business." after that I walked away. I did see andee later alone and i told her i felt sorry for her. Now should i have walked away? i mean he did hit a lady, not just a lady but one i'm aquainted to. Even though i would be expelled, and arrested if i did, should i have just went off on him?

13. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Good for you, for at least making the attempt. You could have flat out called it what it is...abuse. And told him after he told you it was none of your business, that abuse is everyone's business because it's wrong.

You didn't need to hit him first. Could have Kept at it with the comments until he either walked away or hit you. Defending yourself is not against the law and shouldn't get you expelled in a situation like that. More than likely, he would walk away. The bad side is that he would have been more abusive to her, but maybe she might have gotten the point and left him.

14. GuardianAngel82

That was abuse, or at least assault. It's a crime. Report it.

15. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I agree with Scryler. Don't throw that first punch, but don't walk away from the POS either. Verbally confront him, stay on him, and if he attacks, then it's clearly self defense. Then, hurt him, BAD.

Remember, if you were stopping abuse like that no school is going to expel you, especially when you remind/confront the admins at the school that they allowing an abusive environment to continue at the school. No public or even private instuitution wants that kind of publicity.

Then again, you can always gop after the guy, privately and in a secluded area. Abusive people like that do not deserve to exist and must be permanently removed from society.

The truly sad thing is when your friend stays with him after that incident.

Our Host!