Circle of Eight Modpack v5.7 Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Dec 27, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Fernando

Fernando Established Member

No problem, if you want I could give it a try if you're busy with another thing, just let me know.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Thanks but that's just a simple little fix - delete one line of dialog. :)

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Blasphemy Spell

• Problem: Blasphemy doesn't work on Neutral aligned creatures.
    • Expected Behavior: It is supposed to work on all non-evil aligned creatures.
    • The bug was in the spell script, in the line:
      Code:
      (alignment & ALIGNMENT_GOOD) or ( (alignment & ALIGNMENT_NEUTRAL) and not (alignment & ALIGNMENT_EVIL) ):

• If you want to test for neutrality, you have to test for non-goodness and non-evilness. (ALIGNMENT_NEUTRAL is a global constant, and it equals 0, so if you perform an & operation with it, it will always return 0)
    • Proposed Solution: simply change the condition to:
      Code:
       not (alignment & ALIGNMENT_EVIL) :

• Also, since I want Balors to use this spell, I've modified the script to test if it's being cast by a Balor, and alter the spell caster level appropriately (20th level for Balors).
      And some more miscellaneous shit.
    • Proposed fix attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  4. Fernando

One weird thing that happened to me yesterday: I've said "let's try another route for leaving the Moathouse after Lareth's dead"; I've remembered that I've once fought the ambush on the courtyard, besides the usual back door exit.

So I got my lvl4 party through the secret door on the Brigand's room, the one that also has the stairs to Lubash... and I found not only that the ambush was still triggered (and against a really cornered party... nice :D)... but, who'd knew, I've found out that everyone of my foes had a clone.

Yep... there were two Turukos, two Zerts, two archers, six (six?) crossbowmen, double the gnolls... for the first time in my life, I really understood how to use the concealment spells (luckily, one of my first PCs to enter the fight had a smokestick on him), and with some grease and scare the party managed to keep everyone amused. It was a really tough fight, lots of strategy because of the minimal space to move, the vicious outnumbering, and the lack of powerful area spells (it was a party that didn't specialize in that, no Glitterdust, no Web, no Sleep, no Entangle... just some Magic Missiles, 1 Scare, 3 Grease spells, and a couple of other useful low-level spells).

I don't know what could have triggered this duplication (sp?)... maybe it was just the fact that I got out the least expected way, dunno. Still, a fight to remember, a really nice and fun one. I'll try to see if I can recreate it, only by exiting through that door.

Screen of the weirdness (with the cursor between Turukos :p)...

Attached Files:

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

@Sitra - what's with the '(alignment & ALIGNMENT_EVIL)' stuff? I've never modded spell scripts, but I've never seen a script use an ampersand in that context before.

@Fernando - that's a hard-to-reproduce bug. Others have reported it before, but it seems rare. It's definitely not intentional. No idea why it happens.

6. Fernando

Oh, OK. I thought that maybe getting out that way (and the known bugs that I had because my probably-faulty install) was the reason.

I'll keep you updated if I found out another thing. Oh, and for the spells that doesn't have their description in the Help UI (i.e. Ray of Clumsiness, IIRC)... is it a matter of "no one did those yet", or it's because those descriptions can't be modded in? If it's something that can be done, I'll give them a try (with the help of srd.org or similar sites).

7. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Been there. Done that. Had a good time! :p

After.jpg

I think it tends to repeat, and may be associated with a bad install.

8. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

@Gaear:
    See this post.

@Fernando:
    The latter. See this thread. And remember, Sloth bad, Industry good. ;)

9. Fernando

Sitra, as I understand from the thread that you linked, taltamir is either MIA or working hard on this. In any case, I'll see if I can do something, at least with the simple things like spells that weren't added. I'll let you know if I achieve something, and thanks for the directions.

10. Stitched

Stitched Member

Summoning an Earth Elemental (Summon Natures Ally IV - Druid) and entering your cabin in Nulb for the Rannos revenge encounter CTD's the game, every time.

Defeating this enounter and exiting the cabin, often, freezes the game at a black screen (froze my computer a few times forcing a full reset).

11. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Large creatures can't go thru blue/small doors, only the big doublewides if they'll fit. Like the Juggernaut is too big to get out and gets stuck in the doorway. Never seen a freezeup exiting there tho.

12. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Just encountered 2 new problems with version 5.7.2. My party defeated the Balor and then can't pickup the elemental gem or use the door. So I reloaded the game and tried again. Defeated the Balor a second time and got the same result. So reloaded once more and ignored the Balor, went straight to Zuggy's room. Was in the middle of fighting Zuggy and minions when the end credits began playing. Zuggy wasn't even badly wounded yet, but according to the credits, she was dead. Maybe she just decided to forfeit.

13. karnot

karnot Member

1. TFE-thingie doesnt work for me. At all. After intro it just drops me to the desktop and sits there in background, sipping CPU. Starting the game from TOEE.exe works normally.

2. I dont know what you did, but compared to 5.0.0 i see a noticeable drop in performance, specifically scrolling the landscape and mouse slowing down. If i move the mouse diagonally from one screen corner to the next - i cant do it in one move on maximum mouse speed setting in control panel. It wasnt like that in 5.0.0. for me.

14. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

If I take a "green elven chain" and I use crafting to increase it from a +1 to a +2, it requires a casting of identify to show the new name I have given it (and shows as requiring identify in shops).
    Also, its sale/buy price is ridiculously low.

unidentified items can be interacted with via the craft arms and armor interface to see all their enchantments ahead of time.

bracers of archery (lesser and greater) do not grant bow proficiency as their descriptions claim they do.

15. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

Some random encounters between nulb and homlet spawn in a "shallow water" map... but unlike the shallow water in the Imeryds Runs you cannot loot anything that falls under the opaque water in that random encounter (well, just slightly off the "coast" you can, a little further out you can't).
    Which is typically where you and the monsters/enemies start at.
    I have faced so far in that map:
    1. the first assassin.
    2. some pirates
    3. giant crustacean thing
    4. many more...

the water is clearly knee high for my characters, but I cannot see, select, or reach the corpses that fall in there

Our Host!