memory crash

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by windmillcrusadeR, Feb 11, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

I have gotten this error a few times today:
    the game crashes and i get a window to close, report or debug

then i get a stop window:
    The instruction at "0x2112ddba" reference memery at "0x021079f0" the memory could not "read"

Does this mean anything to anyone?

2. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

It may mean that one or all of your sticks of memory are going to hell. Does it happen with more than just ToEE?

3. windmillcrusadeR

sometime my pc hangs or gets bogged down doing some mundane tasks.

Can glitches in memory be spotted in some sort of memory checker (like for instance at a Staples or something?)

I have two gbs of memory on my mother board (939 chipset processor) that is 2.1 ghz single processor

4. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

If you have something like quickclean installed clean out your registry sometimes you have loads of processes runnning which are left over from programs you've deleted or updated. They do nothing except use up valuable memory.

5. windmillcrusadeR

wait a minute, i remember somethintg like this happening several years back. someone told me to clean out the cache or something like that.

I got one of those Norton's programs running in the back round now doing that.

Anyone know what sorts of memory scanners come with windows XP?

Like msconfig at the run tab helps cut down on crap in the memory, and cmd gives you a command prompt, there are bunches of other commands from windows 98 i used to use but i don't think i learned too many for xp.

never mind, i just googled it

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  6. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Ya, msconfig for winxp might help a lot. There's so much stuff that you install that automatically runs at startup.

7. Bob Corncob

Bob Corncob Maverick Moon Miner

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I've seen this on occasion, but then I have seen it with other programs too, so I never took any notice of it.

Now that I spawn this in my own programs (due to bad coding), I know what it means ;) It can mean someone has tried to read an array outside its bounds: eg, there are 1000 global flags, numbered game.global_flag[0] to game.global_flag[999]. If you try to access game.global_flag[34564354], you may trigger this error. Or any other situation you have set aside memory for something, then exceeded what you have set aside.

Its hard to say, since very few Co8 scripts create these sort of arrays, we mainly just use existing ones and if something we do causes such an error in the engine, it may not be fixable. But if anyone does hit this error in future, please report it in detail and I will have a look.

Our Host!