Work/Job Thread ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necroticpus, Dec 30, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus the Avatar

Re: Work/job thread....

I'm glad that I'm living in Finland where the isn't thing called "health insurance". The healthcare is basically free, there is small fee that you have to pay, but there is also maximum limit per year that you can pay medical bills and it's not even half of montly salary. Have you seen Sicko? Communism isn't that good either, the idea though is beautiful but it doesn't work in real life. There is also good things in capitalism, but politicians have ruined it. But don't be fooled, your life makes a DIFFERENCE. You touch daily lives of dozens of people. Your choices affect and change their lives.

It must be hard to raise a kid by yourself, especially in his/her case. I already have enough trouble raising two small children with my wife, but they are the light of my life. It's so wonderful to come home from work that there is dog and children screeming at the door "dad dad!!". As you can see, there is lot of people like me out there who appreciate else than money. You just have to see it in right perspective.

Here's a good movie for you: American Beauty

2. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Hey Necro I feel your pain. however there are jobs and jobs maybe you should start looking around.

3. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

The woman on the other side of the cube eats the most god-awful whatever stuff she brings from home. If that weren't bad enough, she farts throughout the rest of the afternoon and it leaks through the office panels into my cube. She might have to go missing one of these days, I swear. And the really teribble thing is that she's pretty attractive. I thought attractive women didn't have gas.

4. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

They don't. She's a man in disguise.

5. Necroticpus

Naw. she's not thick enough to be a guy, and she don't have them Martina Naretalova (sp?) hands, the ones that look like they can crush rocks. And she talks about kids. Men would never talk about kids. Especially he/she's.

6. Hugh Manetee

Why don't you fight fire with fire?

7. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

A local office building was flattened by a natural gas explosion today. Authorities were baffled, as the building did not have gas lines...

8. Necroticpus

I'm going to wait until summer when it's 150 degrees in the building and 140 outside and hide a small milk with 3 or 4 dead minnows it it somewhere in her cube, probably right in front of her computer's power supply in the back where no one ever looks. She'll be learning the hard way, or perhaps she'll just think it's her own stink. I've heard that you can't smell your own stink.

9. Scryler

The latest information reveals that a bean burrito vendor was seen in the building, and the authorities are now searching for him...

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The cutest of ladies do, alas, have gas. Kecik (now almost 2.5) let one rip as I walked past her today.

"Daddy!" screamed my horrified wife.

"It wasn't me!!!" I righteously countered.

"It was me", said a proud Kecik. About 10 times.

11. Necroticpus

Anyone else out there get monday off for the holiday? :evilgrin:

12. Necroticpus

Hugh Manatee just gave me the perfect idea for my job problem from the winter storm thread. I want to work in the logging industry in Canada. I want to chop wood with a double bit axe for 8 hours a day. How awesome would that be?! No wussie chainsaws or anything mechanical/electrical, just a strong man doing his job. And then go into the longhouse for supper where everything is served family style on old time tin plates and cups. During our free time, we'd have wrestling matches/bare knuckle fights. And flannel clothing everywhere for everyone! With heavy wool socks and steel-toed boots with big spikey bits on the bottom for climbing trees quickly!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  13. Hugh Manetee

Sounds ideal.
    Don't forget all the pork and beans you can eat.

14. Scryler

Back to gas, are we? :evilgrin:

15. Necroticpus

I can eat a lot of pork and beans, even that big white lump that comes with them and no one knows what it is. I concur with Stimpy that it is the queen bean.

Our Host!