Looting, patches, etc. etc.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Vecna's uncle Bill, Jan 2, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Vecna's uncle Bill

Vecna's uncle Bill Crackwhore from Mars

Okay, for the frist time in about 2 years, I'm gettng back into this outstanding game. My problem this time around is that I am running into the looting bug.
    I have installed the game + v1.0 no CD crack (3.5 Mb in size) + patch 1 + patch 2, but am still seeing the infamous looting bug.

Is there a no CD crack out there that can remedy this ? If so -- WHERE ?

Thank you

P.S. After installing the 5.7.0 mod pack, I've noticed that all of my dwarven, halfling, and half-orc portraits are gone. What gives ??

2. maalri

maalri Immortal

Well Bill (great name btw) as far as THIS part- I believe in the new FE there are optional Portrait Packs to select, that was the discussion anyway. This Release is supposed to be Portrait Heavy! I am about to DL it myself, so hopfully we will BOTH find all the portraits we desire as options. :)

3. Vecna's uncle Bill

... still looking for this elusive no-CD crack that actually works ...

4. Vecna's uncle Bill

Well, I've just installed 5.7.1, and within the game I still have no dwarven, half-orc or halfling portraits to choose from ... ??? ...

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

LMGTFY:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ToEE+no+cd

Look for a 2.0 version that is 33kb in size uncompressed, 16-17 kb in size compressed.

We have not arbitrarily removed dwarf, halfling, and half orc portraits from the game.

This is not really accurate. There are no front end portrait packs, and the release is not portrait heavy, but there are separate portrait packs avaialble now in the downloads forum.

6. Vecna's uncle Bill

Thanks Gaear ! mwnn gave me a hand and pointed me in the right direction for the no-CD crack ... and voila that also solved my missing portrait issue as well ! LOL

7. Zephyr8965

Zephyr8965 Member

Lol, sounds like your exe had issues in it. Also, +10 points to Gaear for using LMGTFY.com. XD

My favorite site, ever.

Our Host!