Circle of Eight Modpack 5.7.x General Commentary and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, Dec 27, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus the Avatar

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 5.7.0 General Commentary and Discussion Thread

Please, could you give me the instruction how to change the xp factor?

What do you think, is it possible to put it to frontend?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Re: 5.7 Released

Never was it known that any one who fled to her protection, implored her help or sought her intercession, was left unaided.

Find data/rules/combat_vars.mes.

Change this line as you would like:

{000} {0.60} ; Experience multiplier

Keep in mind you have now voided your Co8 warranty, and no comments about balance etc will be entered into, because you just changed your game to be different to everyone else playing Co8 5.7.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 5.7.0 General Commentary and Discussion Thread

Attention: See the News and/or Downloads threads for Co8 5.7.1 BETA in module and add-on pack form.

If you have questions about which you should use or anything else, please post them here.

4. Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus the Avatar

Re: 5.7 Released

Thanks Ted for xp change thing. :) And the original value was 1.00, right?

Oh darn, I already changed my portraits.mes for my own portraits and new portraits. Btw, the portraits were also in wrong order, the portraits should be ordered by race starting with gnomes and ending with half-orcs as the mes file says. ;)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  5. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Zuggtmoy now summons stuff like mad. She did 4 summons in my fight with her. I'd kill everything and she'd immediately summon more stuff on her turn. I fought a glabrezu demon and 3 waves of mushroom risotto.

BTW, after many years of careful consideration, I feel that 2 warriors with holy ranseurs
    +3 and all the proper feats are the next best thing to an untouchable wall of steel, especially when enlarged. Absolutely nothing can defy them, at all. They ate the balor for lunch, lol, as well as the 2 efreetis and 2 summoned hezrou demons.

A tricked out rogue turns into hell's butcher with a greater invisibility spell and improved 2 weappon fighting. Every attack is sneak attack. Just brutal.

6. Gaear

Um ... they are.

portraits.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  7. Gaear

Attention: See the News and/or Downloads threads for the Co8 5.7.2 add-on pack.

If you have questions about anything related to it, please post them here.

8. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Since 5.7.2 took two minutes to download, is 5.7.1 the entire mod, and 5.7.0 is unneccesary? They both (.0 AND .1) took 4 hours to download. :gotmyatte

9. CrimsonVirus

CrimsonVirus Member

Hello everyone,

I'm new in these forums as a registered member, but not as a reader. ;)

First of all I want to congratulate all those participating in this project for their excellent work!
    After several years I wanted to play TOEE again, having in mind to find that 'magic' patch that would get me through that DX9/SP2 problem, when I stumbled upon the Co8 modpack, and I have to say that it's like a brand new game experience!

I would like to offer some feedback by reporting some rather minor issues I encountered:

- Black Mystic garb has corrupted texture on my male sorcerer (shows invisible).
    - Black Adder poison affects STR instead of CON as per manual.
    - Skeletons have DR/bludgeoning instead of DR/slashing-piercing as per manual (though I'm not sure if it applies as such because that's what it reports in the 'rolls history' tab).
    - My male sorcerer (yes, he attracts trouble) got randomly a Filth Fever disease when resting in Ostler's Inn (that inn doesn't seem that dirty to me :p), nothing a good Cure Disease spell couldn't fix anyway.

I will report more, IF I encounter any. I have a fresh install of TOEE with Co8 Modpack 5.7.2 (full edition).
    Thanks in advance for your attention.;)

{famous last words} I hope this is the right section for such reports!

10. mwnn

mwnn Member

I can replicate this one. It seems to affect some of the new items that were added in v5.7 namely:
    * White/Black Mystic Garb --> Odd transparency effect
    * Blue Wizard Robes --> The hood doesn't seem to display properly

I wonder if it's an ATI problem?

This one seems like an oddity on Troika's part.
    Black Adder poison has a DC11 and does 1d6 CON damage, whilst the poison of the Huge Snake (moathouse) has a DC12 and does strength damage. I assume the target is being affected with Spider venom poison?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/monstrousSpider.htm

I can't replicate this - the DR of skeletons seems to be working fine.

DR (5/Bludgeoning) i.e. immune to the first 5 points of damage EXCEPT from bludgeoning weapons -> mace, morningstar, club etc

That seems to follow the in-game help as well as the 3.5 rules here:
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/skeleton.htm

I don't see anything to the contrary in the toee manual either.

I'm not able to replicate this either.

11. CrimsonVirus

CrimsonVirus Member

I checked that one out again at Emridy Meadows' skeletons and it's correct indeed. Bludgeoning damage applies normally while slash/pierce gets DRed. My mistake, I confused the term's [DR (5/Bludgeoning)] meaning being '5 points of damage reduction FROM bludgeoning dmg' and not EXCEPT.

No, I've got Nvidia myself.

Try resting for several days with a sorcerer. If it doesn't happen, well, it was indeed random...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  12. Gaear

Black mystic garb: Yes, I observed that too for males. I didn't test it on females but I suspect it may work. It was probably designed for them since most players probably use the scantily clad outfits for women.

New wizard robes: Yes, the hoods don't display quite right, unfortunately. This probably won't be fixed any time soon since we'd need HK or someone proficient in such things to do it. I'm quite sure it has nothing to do with your graphics card.

Welcome Wench disease: this commonly happens if you've previously rested in some other unclean area (such as the Moathouse spider tower). It's not a bug, as these diseases can sometimes be manifested later. You didn't get it from the Wench; the symptoms just appeared while you were there.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'll try to fix that mystic garb issue.

14. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Can you make a black mystic garb that have flames on the bottom of the legs and the ends of the sleeves? And perhaps Cthulhu on the front or back of it?

15. CrimsonVirus

CrimsonVirus Member

That's exactly how it happened! I guess it makes sense now that you put it that way. :p

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
Our Host!