Age of Decadence combat demo released, playable!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by screeg, Dec 26, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

Link to download sites and pertinent forums here.

Warning: players with certain builds are having CTD and graphics issues, most of which have quick workarounds. Also, glancing over the readme might smooth out the learning curve a bit.

I did extensive testing on this build and if you like turn-based combat I recommend it without reservation. Woo!

2. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I too endorse or recommend this game.

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

What is it?

5. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

An indie RPG with turn-based combat. It takes place in a post-apocalyptic setting, though the art may bring to mind the architecture of ancient Rome. I've seen some older screenshots (before the game went 3d) and it reminded me of Fallout - even in terms of the game's ruleset. It may be a good old school game, we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  6. mwnn

mwnn Member

The demo gives an interesting glance into what the full game should be like - even if it is just a combat demo.

It's not exactly a looker (I'd prefer isometric over rough 3D) and I'm not entirely sold on the combat mechanics which seem a bit basic - it's hardly TOEE, Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 etc.

Whilst it feels similar to Fallout's combat, I don't find it quite as much fun - a large buff on the damage on weapons would be welcome, along with revisions to the dodge/block/shield splitting mechanics - I didn't see evidence of any "perks" either :(

Still quite enjoyable for their first effort though and far better than tripe like Dragon Age - whose combat you can sleep though. The "Knights of the Chalice" demo is well worth a play through too.

EDIT
    AoD's world map looks really, really nice.
    http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,1296.0.html

There's quite a few interesting projects brewing over on the irontowerstudio forums: AoD, nameless sci-fi rpg and the zombie one with the ex-obsidian devs.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hey, there's another one over there too!

Our Host!