Livonya's Beta 1.0 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Here's a suggestion:

a. Bring 3.0.4 up to speed by integrating moebius' temple.dll and all other recent fixes. Remove "Burne's Puzzles." Then release the resulting mod as 3.0.5, the definitive Co8 "fix" release.

b. Add Livonya's mod, "Burne's Puzzles," and "The Arena of Heroes" (as well as any other new content mods deemed worthy) to Co8 3.0.5 and release it as 4.0.0, the definitive Co8 "new content" release.

c. Maintain both on the site as "current" Co8 mods, with their respective definitions.

Disclaimer: I certainly understand that it's easy for me, one of the mod-challenged, to sit here doing nothing and tell others what to do without a full understanding of the work involved. If the above plan would be too daunting to execute, then fine. Personally I tend to agree with Zebedee that hereafter I'll probably be using Livonya's stuff -- and "Heroes," Morpheus. I'm not going to let you sneak out of that one. ;)

p/s - Hey Zebedee, head over to Liv's "Spoiler" thread to speak freely about her mod.

2. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

Im with you Gaear im loving Liv's mod and cant see not using it. i think you have a good idea with the two seperate mods. i unfortunatly am not much good at mods either i try to help out where i can. i am looking foward to more great stuff from Liv and Morpheus though :) :D

3. Sage521

Sage521 Member

Inventory Crash

Hi, this is my first post to this site, but I have read up for far longer. I like the mod very much. I have read all the changes and I think its great, because this game was far too bland (after beating the same game several times) and needed a facelift like this. I have a problem at the very begining however. Whenever I check my inventory, the game crashes to the desktop. And on the rare occasion I do get into the inventory screen, the character portraits change. One disappears completely save for a "mouse" arrow. And two of the others turn gray. All of my characters are using custom portraits from another mod (don't know if thats an issue). Those portraits are in the folder data/art/interface/PORTRAITS. I also installed another previous mod before installing yours, but as far as I know I copied your mod over it. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4. Sage521

Sage521 Member

Inventory Crash (cont)

It also happens as I barter too.

5. Sage521

Sage521 Member

Solved It

The problem was the custom portraits. I re-installed and then had the same problem. So I just made new characters with the default portraits (MAN they SUCK) and no more crashing :)

6. SadExchange

SadExchange Member

I guess, for now, before the actual patch goes from beta to official, I was wondering if there could be a separate post for the ongoing fixes for the mod. So, I can keep up with everything. This woul dbe a really big help. Havin fun so far, just want to make sure I can keep checking for bugs that haven't already been found. Thanks!

Also, would it be possible if when the new official finished patch comes out, we just install it over the old and keep playin on the saved game?

7. sweet_irony

sweet_irony Member

I think as long as the modifications stay within the realm of the original module, its all good. As for the additional content, Liv's mod is her way of "DMing" in a sense. If you want to play the game the way she designed it, then 'nough said. If not, 3.04 is a pretty solid fix imo. I personally think an all-in-one comprehensive mod is the way to go.

8. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Livonya's Mod + Co8 fan fix

I ALWAYS said that the Co8 people might not want to add everything from my mod to their fan fix.

I will ALWAYS run my own mod.

If Co8 people want to add my mod then great, but if not my mod will exist as a seperate mod.

However, I warn you, trying to pick and choose from my mod will be next to impossible. Good luck.

I don't even know if I could seperate it at this point.

In any event I intend to continue to run my mod as a seperate mod.

So if you don't like what I have done you can always just skip it.

- Livonya

9. Livonya

Allyx -

Can you please remove your attachments from this thread?

Your files cause changes in my MOD that result in errors/bugs. As some items you have listed to do not exist in my MOD. Also, your files have left out some of my changes.

I will add your changes to my mod, but for now please remove these attachments as you have items listed that don't currently exist in my mod and have left out some of my data.

If someone adds your attachments to their game, and then updates with my fixes then they will get errors.

I will be updating soon and I just don't want to cause errors for people as your updates will invalidate my updates.

I promise I AM getting all your changes into my mod!

- Livonya

10. magao

magao Member

Enjoying the mod so far ... anyway, a few things I've noticed. Some of these are issus with ToEE, others are with the mod.

Installation:

Clean ToEE, Atari Patch 2.0, Livonya mod, 2.0 NOCD ToEE.exe.

1. The big one. It seems that sometimes characters lose all (or maybe a lot of) their XP for no apparent reason. At the moment I have two characters who should have about 13000 XP who are sitting at 3105, and another character at 3192. Interestingly, of the two at 3105 XP, both have done some crafting, but for totally different amounts of XP. In "Craft Wondrous Item" XP is listed as -6895. I've never seen this prior to this mod. Savegame is available on request.

2. You should really put in the installation instructions to *not* use official patch 3 (but do use patch 2). In my case, the major symptom was that antialiasing was always disabled until I changed the video settings (to anything). Likewise, you should put whether to install CoE patch 3.0.4 or not (I didn't the second time, but did the first time).

3. Not sure if this is something introduced by your mod Livonya (I suspect it's always been there, but I've never noticed). I *think* it's possible to read scrolls while silenced (I wasn't paying attention during the battle, but I'm pretty sure my mage was silenced). Now, admittedly I would not have survived a certain encounter without this, but it would be good if this fix were available.

4. Spugnir won't tell you about Emridy Meadows if you've already cleared the moathouse. This means that a neutral evil party that accidentally tells Terjon that they burned the church and doesn't talk to Spugnir until too late has no way of getting to Emridy Meadows. This is unfortunate as I really enjoyed the new encounter there.

5. It would be nice if the gypsy road quest could be changed so that the sister is actually involved. It appears it's not possible to talk to Madam Ophelia about the sister (d'oh - what's her name?) who is upstairs, and so you can never talk to her. At the very least, if you've got one sister in the party, and talk to the other sister, she shouldn't just tell you to go to the Madam.

6. On a related note, once you've completed the snake pit quest, you can't get any more action at the brothel.

7. The horn of evil prereq is listed as "6-@Alignment: Evil" (for a neutral evil character). I suspect this is an error in colouring the text for meeting the prereq.

8. In Hommlet, there's a problem with the leatherworker's dialog. The sequence was as follows:

a. Talk to Bing.
    b. Heal Bing (without getting the quest).
    c. Talk to Bing's sister (thanks for healing Bing?)
    d. Talk to leatherworker. Only one dialog option, no barter option.

I didn't save that, but I should be able to recreate it if you want.

9. Permanent spell effects still cause map slowdown (the XP savegame also includes that) even once the permanency has been removed. Dunno if it's possible to fix this.

OK - I think that's it for now. Cheers, and thanks for the mod. I'm heading into the temple now ...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  11. Livonya

You're the only person to report this. Are you sure you weren't killed and resurrected? That causes exp loss.

Until someone else also reports this I will assume it is unique to your game.

Will do. Good point.

Always the case. I was unable to fix it.

I noticed that before but didn't realize it would matter. I will see if I can fix it. That wasn't something new due to my mod, but I am sure I can fix it.

Okay, will fix... Allyx, if you are reading this what do I need to do to fix this? This was one of your items...

Can you be more specific. What are you calling a permanent spell effect?

- Livonya

12. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

I just finished everything up to the temple, it was much harder, and much more fun. This mod adds a lot, and the new content flows very well with the old stuff. You've really added some wonderful things to this game, thank you very much. Being able to use web is certainly a vast improvement. I have noticed a few minor bugs,

1. The gnolls in the moathouse should indeed leave with the leader ( they used to), but they do not.
    2. I had the spell you added for one of the demons in my list for spells to chose for my wizard.
    3. When purchasing Zaxis equipment I received all instruments, both masterwork and normal.

13. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Hadrack acknowledges completion of his quest even though quest has not been completed (or even started).

14. Livonya

I fixed all 3 of these problems. The fixes will be in my next update.

- Livonya

15. Livonya

I fixed this. He will tell you about the Meadow as long as you have not already been there.

This isn't something that needs fixing. I checked it out and it works fine. I can't figure out what you did, but I don't see anything that needs fixing.

- Livonya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!