Female Two Handed Critical Move

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Torrato, Dec 15, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Torrato

Torrato Savage Merc

You know how on a critical hit you have a cool finishing move depending on what weapon you have. Well my female characters don't get the cool move with a two handed weapon like the guys do. The guys take that big step while pulling the weapon way back over their head before coming down with the critial hit. Just wondering if this was a bug or error or something.

Sorry if this has been talked about before. I tried to search for it but got nothing (maybe used wrong search words).

Any way to fix this. The thought of wimpy crits from my greatsword weilding barbarian lassy makes me sad.

2. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I agree. Female warriors should do a pirouette on thier tippy toes right before they crit, or perhaps a graceful leaping backflip.

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Fruella has an impressive move when she hits with the cleaver, but it's not 2handed. Great move with dual cleavers also if 2weapon fighting. I think Fruella is scripted for that tho. Not sure about other females.

4. Thorsson

Thorsson Established Member

Ah, takes me back to the days of "Chesty" Morgan and her Deadly Weapons.

5. Anakha92

Anakha92 meh...

That would make the enemy laugh into submission I'd reckon ;) (the tippy toes one)

But yeah it is kind of disappointing that they don't have much of a critical emote.

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I think a bow in a low-cut shirt topped by a dazzling, knowing smile pretty much poleaxes me every time. :yikes:

7. Anakha92

Anakha92 meh...

It's not going to turn into one of those threads is it?

Back on topic: lol
    Would it be hard for a ToEE modder to put together some animations? or maybe even make use of the existing ones?

8. Necroticpus

How come Iuz don't ever crit? He should have something really spectacular for a finishing move, like ripping out their femur or something.

9. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Iuz can do as he well pleases. I just finished a highly protosized/consolized game and the wizard had a maxed-out Orb. Iuz killed all four demons before Cuthberth showed-up. The fire elemental finished off Hedrack and the rest. Iuz is a really powerful, mean dude, but the game can only get so nasty.

10. Necroticpus

I'm pretty sure Smigmal has a crit move, as well as that loser assassin in the swamp that only targets wizards and sorcerers. They both do a spinning move if I remember right. I never saw anyone do a crit with a spiked chain. That would be pretty special.

Also, on the opposite end of the spectrum, I think it would be spectacular if critical misses were in the game too, along with spectacular fumbles where you do damage to yourself and/or friends and whatnot. Except for scather and fragerach. They can't critically miss.

11. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

No, but they do critically crash, though! ;)

12. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Maybe if you crit miss with a medium or large weapon (can't see this with a light weapon) you need to save vs DEX or fall prone.

13. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

Arn't crit misses in the game allready? Atleast that what the roll box says when you roll a 1. Now a animation for a crit miss would be cool...

14. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Maybe we could have animations for crits similar to those in Fallout 1 and 2: half the torso gone above the waist, stumbling around on fire for fumbling Ted's burning oil flask... ;)

15. Zigmx6

Zigmx6 Member

Yeah i always though it'd be cool if you could do a beheading crit or something when you attacked with a heavy flail. Fallout 1 & 2 were excellent games especially 2. Remember the random encounter in Fallout 2 with the purple robed guy on the bridge?

"What is your Quest?"

"To seek the holy GECK!"

Our Host!