Livonya's Beta 1.0 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

I love that assassin... dialogue options I'd not seen before and skipped over and then bang! Dead wizzy time :)

Ok some things from Temple Dungeon Level 1.

Monsters which do not attack even though the entire room is fighting (they're not charmed or anything and are not quest monsters).

1) Location: Room with 2 x Ogres, Gnoll Leader, gnolls and bugbears which is just off skeleton alley. (SE part of map)

Mob: Gnoll in Southern Corner equipped with spiked mace.

2) Location: Room with Ogre Chief just off skeleton alley. (SE part of map).

Mob: Goblin who starts to the north of Ogre Chief.

Quest Dialogue

(Romag) [Looks at you with what can only be viewed as a tiny bit of newfound respect] .....
    1. I am ready to being work.

Should be 'begin'.

Quest shortcutting

Romag allows you to claim that the first quest is completed, even though it is not. He does say "I hadn't heard that yet", so maybe this WAD.

2. Keolander

Keolander Member

Hey Liv,

just wanted to drop a line. First, thanks for all your work on modding. Just in the few minutes I played, adding the children to Hommlet certainly changed the dynamics of the game.

About my question....n/m.....Im an idiot. :D

Last edited: Apr 9, 2005
  3. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

hey sheriff05 what did you change to get your custom portraits working? ive tried everything and havent had any luck with mine.

what is this assassin you all are talking about? ive never run into an assassin at any point in the game.

Liv the ogres in the cave still seem to just stand there and let you pick them off one at a time. dont know why but they dont fight back much. thanks for letting me know about the other kids, at least now i know i didnt miss anything

4. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Fix for random encounters

I think this should be the final fix for any random encounter problems.

put this in your Temple of Elemental Evil/data/scr folder and let me know if you still have problems with dissapearing monsters on random encounters...

- Livonya

Attached Files:

5. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Can you be more specific?

I am not sure where you are refering to...

- Livonya

6. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

My guess is he's talking about the ogres in the Ogre Cave (which you can only get to as part of the Fire Temple quests). Haven't gotten that far in the modded game, but pre-mod they pretty much stood around and let my party beat on them.

7. skaven510

skaven510 Member

I just wanted to say thanks livonya for creating the mod. I sorta gave up on anyone creating new mods for toee, but I was happily surprised when I read of RPGdot that there was a new mod. This game is one of my all time favorites even with all the bugs. Anyways from one guy who hasn't got a clue about modding just wanted to say thanks.

8. Martinius

Martinius Member

Liv,

When all the fixes are done, would you make an installer placing everything where it should go and not leaving redundant files.

Thanks for your great work so far!

9. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

yeah its the cave the fire priest sends you to to recruit the ogres. its located next to the road between hommlet and nulb they havent changed i can attack one and they all just stand around and watch as they get killed, as long as i dont attack the others.

10. SadExchange

SadExchange Member

Can I ask if all new patches and fixes could be put on one page because I've been going through this thread for the past few days and have come across a few fixes, but I think I may be missing some, would it be possible to have a "Sticky" thread at the top where someone could put all the fixes?

11. sweet_irony

sweet_irony Member

I have to second the motion about an installer....eventually. We should all keep in mind that this new mod is still Beta. Hopefully (actually, ideally) someone could come up with one comprehensive mod. I wonder if its possible to create like a "ToEE Plus!" mod that contains everything done to date that works together....such as 3.04 and Liv's mod and the patches...

12. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Liv's mod contains pretty much everything from the 3.04 mod pack & the moebius fixes. What it doesn't contain is the stuff I have added in the meantime, in preparation for the next official mod pack. Once Liv's beta has been tested enough & the remaining issues are sorted out, I'll try to come up with an all-in-one Installer version including Liv's mod, my Arena of Heroes mod (should I ever manage to complete it) and all the other fixes that have been posted lately on these boards.

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

A question of direction

I have to ask this, since no one seems to have considered it yet. Please keep your flame throwers holstered ;) . . .

I have the greatest admiration for Livonya. That said, does her mod automatically get green-lighted for Co8 4.0.0? Unless I'm mistaken, up til now Co8 has centered on fixing the game, and with the possible exception of "Burne's Puzzles," hasn't actually added new content in the form of new quests, reputations, etc. . . . basically everything Liv's doing. Adding Liv's mod would be a massive swing in that direction.

The cons of this are that there may be "purists" out there who would like rules fixes et al, but not new content, preferring to play with Troika's original design. With Co8 4.0.0 containing Liv's mod, its all or nothing.

To be clear, I'm not neccesarily on the thumbs-down side of this question. I just think it should be pondered a bit before any decisions are made.

gaear

14. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Ideally, we should have an Installer where you can choose if you want to have just the fixes or the new content as well. However, that would increase the amount of work necessary to build the new mod pack considerably. It would also mean that we'll have to include several versions of certain files.

As for the green-lighting part: The Co8 team has always been a loosely structured bunch of modders. There's no well-established, decision-making body that approves or disapproves this kind of stuff. I think it's the general consensus that matters. If the people on these boards think we should leave additional content out of the mod pack, that's okay with me. Shall we start a poll?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2005
  15. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

My post count tells me that, on the subject of whether a mod should be part of Co8's next patch or not, my opinions count for very little ;) I love Livonya's mod - it's got just the right balance of humour and challenge for me. I can't see myself returning to a 'vanilla' Co8 install. The more I see of how Livonya's AI scripts are working the more impressed I am by the work s/he has done.

Anyways, back to beta testing:

Porky's revenge quest (trying desperately not to spoil). Quest giver acknowledges completion but quest is never actually closed or any XP received when completing another quest (urgh this is vague!) at the same time.

The witch behind wizard in the guardhouse has difficulty in finding a valid target for one of her spells and seems to get stuck into a loop of casting an ineffectual spell over and over again. (again vague for spoiler reasons.)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!