¿Group skills?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by FloppyX, Nov 24, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. FloppyX

FloppyX Member

First of all hi, I'm new to ToEE and the forum.

I have a question about some of the skills like Intimidation, Diplomacy, Bluff, ¿are they used like group skills? I'm talking with my Rogue who has Bluff to someone and one of the branches needs Diplomacy (that my Cleric has), ¿should I stop the conversation and talk using the Cleric or the game will use the highest skill from the group automatically?

The same question with Appraise, ¿should I sell all stuff with my highest Appraise skilled char or it will we applied automatically to the group?

Thank for the help!!!

2. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I always use whatever character has the appropriate skill for whatever you're trying to do. I give all the big money stuff to the highest appraise skill. I let the character who has the highest intimidation, bluff, diplomacy talk to whoever needs talking to.

3. FloppyX

FloppyX Member

I usually do that too, it's my first run in the game and I don't want to lose any info talking to NPCs (or the minimal only), so I don't know if there are objects or quests that you can lose in a conversation for lacking a skill in a precise moment.

I can make a character with all the necessary skills (Rogue or Bard) but less usseful in combat, traps, etc or divide the skills, Intimidate for the Fighter, Diplomacy for the Cleric, etc.

I like the last option better but I need to know the answer to the first post to have an optimal party.

4. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Whoa, wait a minute. Did you just say...bard? :evilgrin:

5. VentilatorOfDoom

VentilatorOfDoom Member

iirc in conversation you have to use the char who has the skill to talk to people, appraise otoh doesn't matter, if you sell stuff the game uses automatically the highest appraise skill of any of your partymembers

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Exactly what is an optimal party is subject to debate. Your face guy should have good charisma and intelligence. Usually a bard or rogue works well, though others like paladins, sorcerors or monks. I usually use a dual class half-elf bard.

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah, thats the consensus opinion. I mean if you come back from the moathouse loaded down with leather armour and boots, you don't get 8 different offers for each character: it goes off the best one.

8. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

As others have said, you want your party faceman to have all the social skills, because the game only uses the skills of whoever is talking. If you take a human rogue with a high intelligence, you can manage both thievery and social skills. If that's not an option, then you're better off using a separate character for socializing than you do for thieving.

Our Host!